Author: satsu_jin

China speaks better English than India, says study [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2011-4-12 21:12:52 |Display all floors

learnin VS speakin...

dont mind in learnin another foreign language but to speak it then i'm not sure if i want to please em  

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-4-12 21:53:48 |Display all floors
If Chinese kids' English are so poor, what you and other 99,999 native (or German in your case) English teachers have been doing in China?  Another indication that English teacher Mr. Snakey is useless and he better go home.

100.000 native english teachers (probably less, but I'll take your number). 1.3 billion people. One teacher per 1300 people.
If one teacher could teach 1300 people already basic english, he must be some kind of teaching juggernaut...

Use magic tools Report

Gold Medal

Post time 2011-4-13 10:02:18 |Display all floors
Originally posted by Everynowhere at 2011-4-12 22:53

100.000 native english teachers (probably less, but I'll take your number). 1.3 billion people. One teacher per 1300 people.
If one teacher could teach 1300 people already basic english, he mu ...

Strange calculation, don't you think? Who claimed that the whole nation is learning English?

Use magic tools Report

Medal of honor July's Best Contributor 2012 August's Best Contributor 2012

Post time 2011-4-13 10:48:46 |Display all floors
I have a very good idea about their english speaking abilty.An educated chinese speaks english well.Pronunciation is good and always having a touch of american accent.But in India it is absent.But are you comparing the number of people learning english in both country?FFA is a foolish organisation as India 's education system major in english where Chinese in not.In the rail station of Delhi a coolie can speak english but in Beijing rail station you will be feel very lonely.China having thousands of english teacher from US but in India none of single.All the office work in India commonly use english but the Chinese office wont.

I am talking on base of my practical experience not data based idea.

Use magic tools Report

Medal of honor July's Best Contributor 2012 August's Best Contributor 2012

Post time 2011-4-13 10:57:25 |Display all floors
Originally posted by jxnanchang at 2011-4-12 19:52
A small chunk of chinese population who can speak english has certainly got better accent than their indian counterparts. They have american or british accents unlike the south asias who have got h ...

Thanks gentleman for your authentic information.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-4-14 02:03:57 |Display all floors

I don't doubt it

I don't know about speaking skills, but I find that a lot of the Indian scientists I deal with have problems with English comprehension--much more so than the Chinese scientists.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-4-14 02:56:04 |Display all floors

Could that possibly be understanding concepts....

Originally posted by stevenmon at 2011-4-14 02:03
I don't know about speaking skills, but I find that a lot of the Indian scientists I deal with have problems with English comprehension--much more so than the Chinese scientists.

...as opposed to the language that is used to explain the concepts?

In other words a sharper brain is usually able to bridge gaps, make connections quickly etc. with just a simple explanation....

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.