Author: andr0078

The rich must be hidden from the eyes of the poor [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2011-4-3 10:50:24 |Display all floors
The government can tax the rich heavily & set up a welfare system to help the poor.  
Unless the rich people are the party members! Or is it?
Watch your thoughts, for they become words.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-4-3 15:02:27 |Display all floors
When something is not quite right about the society people should have the right to speak out.  
As long as their intent is not to stabilize & overthrow the government people should be encouraged to
air their grievances relating to their livelihood without being intimidated.

The government should fear the poor people because there is 75% of them.
Watch your thoughts, for they become words.

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Glod Medal 2015 Most Popular Member 2012's Best Moderator Medal of honor August's Best Contributor 2012 July's Best Contributor 2012 Gold Medal

Post time 2011-4-3 15:25:38 |Display all floors
Originally posted by andr0078 at 2011-4-2 10:01
The rich must be hidden from the eyes of the poor

China is not only the most populated country in the world. China is also a country where billionaires are
plentiful. According to Forbe ...

There is nothing wrong with earned wealth

Chao Ren VFP

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-4-3 15:39:12 |Display all floors
Originally posted by andr0078 at 2011-4-2 10:01
The rich must be hidden from the eyes of the poor

China is not only the most populated country in the world. China is also a country where billionaires are
plentiful. According to Forbes, there are 115 billionaires living in China. More of them can be found only in
the USA. The majority of the Chinese do not seem to be thrilled with the news. The Chinese authorities
decided to take a direct action against the social stratification and ban the advertising of luxury goods.

I thought 468 would be delighted to write here.  I am surprised to see his absence so far.

[Purple]  - that is good news.

[Red] - the Chinese government did the right thing to ban showiness for the rich or advertisement targeting at them.  It's is good that China practices the system of centralised government.  I absolutely support the Chinese government's intervention for the sensitivity of the Chinese people.  TIMELY !
永垂不朽

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-4-3 15:50:36 |Display all floors
Originally posted by andr0078 at 2011-4-2 10:02
The economic growth of China has led to certain saddening consequences. The number of wealthy
individuals in the country increased by 47 percent last year. However, as many as 150 million people  ...

"saddening consequences" ??

I don't agree that was saddening.

It is true that there are extremes in China - the very rich and the very poor.

But, let's not forget that this was all intentional.

China's opening and development was intended to be in stages.  Development a section by a section.  

Therefore, the fact that the number of wealthy individuals increased by 47% in areas she opens up and develops is EVIDENCE that China's plans were right.

It was a SUCCESS !

Why do people feel sad when China succeeded ?

Beats me.
永垂不朽

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-4-3 16:05:36 |Display all floors
Originally posted by andr0078 at 2011-4-2 10:03

The authorities of Beijing have recently decided to ban the advertising of luxury goods in the capital not to
hurt those who can never afford diamonds and pearls. The billboards displaying such words as "elite,"
luxury", "royal", etc can only foster feelings of hatred among the poor, Chinese officials believe.   

Again, I repeat my agreement with the authorities on banning advertisements intended to serve the rich.

This is what we call sensitivity and the Chinese government did it right.

Let's not forget that the common folks are also human.  They understand the government's good intentions to make them rich and strong.  They also understand the importance of patience and the need for short-term sacrifice.  But often INSENSITIVITY can cause JEALOUSY and AROUSE HATREDS among the people.

Hence, it is important for the authorities to be mindful of the feelings for the greater masses of the Chinese people who ain't filthy rich.

So, I think what the government did is ABSOLUTELY in order.

No need to stir things in China !

or foreigners think they can TEACH the Chinese how to run their country !
永垂不朽

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-4-3 16:17:15 |Display all floors
Originally posted by andr0078 at 2011-4-2 10:03

It is easy to understand the Chinese authorities. The growing number of the poor and the rich seriously
affected the situation inside the country. Last year, a wave of mass killings shocked the country. A number
of gruesome attacks on elementary schools and kindergartens were committed: mentally unbalanced
individuals wielding hammers of knives attacked everyone on their way.  

"wave of mass killings" ?

If it is any wave, I think it is still a small wave as compared to what we see in USA or Australia.

However and yes, I do agree that the killings shocked the nation.  That is because the Chinese have always been a very PEACEFUL people.   Such killings are rare, not unlike the perpetual violence in the West.

But the reasons for the rare violence in China were also alluded to mental problems of the assailants.  But then, which country does not have mentally deranged people ?  I would be very worried if someone tells me that his/her country does not have mentally ill people.

"gruesome attacks" ??  I think that is a bit of an exaggeration.  Yup, I am comparing with the real gruesome murders I watched on CSI or Crime and Investigation (true accounts happening in USA, particularly).
永垂不朽

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.