Author: GoChina888

Remember the serene pastor who wanted to burn the Koran? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2011-4-3 04:18:52 |Display all floors
Originally posted by bern2009 at 2011-4-3 03:41
Well.... where do the zealous Chinese "patriots" here in the forum respect religious people's feelings?
I agree that religious beliefs should be respected, but those who demand this s ...

Well.... where do the zealous Chinese "patriots" here in the forum respect religious people's feelings?
I agree that religious beliefs should be respected, but those who demand this should give a good example.

I cannot talk about others but I can talk about myself. I respect all faith.

!Such as this foolish Pastor can be called a "fanatic Christian".
But not all Musl!ms are terrorists, and not all Christians are fanatics.

So sorry for the double standard behavior of the pro-west as I do not perceive a higher outrage over this redneck’s act.  

sorry, what do you mean?

Just highlight the fact that this generalization would also occur in the western media if by hypothesis the fact take place inversely, I mean, in a fact where the guilty is an Islamic, the headline would call attention to the Islamic feature and would not highlight the nationality.

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Glod Medal 2015 Most Popular Member 2012's Best Moderator Medal of honor August's Best Contributor 2012 July's Best Contributor 2012 Gold Medal

Post time 2011-4-3 04:23:16 |Display all floors
If you are entitialled to burn your own house down (as it's yours)

Then why can't you burn a novel if you own it?

Chao Ren VFP

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-4-3 04:42:13 |Display all floors
Two whites here have been charged with trying to burn a local mosque down, i dont condone that but with a substantial muslim population in Stoke im wondering what they would do to me if i stood in the Town centre and burned a copy of the koran  

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Glod Medal 2015 Most Popular Member 2012's Best Moderator Medal of honor August's Best Contributor 2012 July's Best Contributor 2012 Gold Medal

Post time 2011-4-3 06:04:50 |Display all floors
Originally posted by St_George at 2011-4-3 04:42
Two whites here have been charged with trying to burn a local mosque down, i dont condone that but with a substantial muslim population in Stoke im wondering what they would do to me if i stood in  ...

The Police would keep their hands warm until it burnt out  if it was Winter,  before the nicked you

Please don't scare them out of Stoke George, I don't want one to move round here

Chao Ren VFP

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-4-3 08:57:30 |Display all floors
Originally posted by GoChina888 at 2011-4-3 04:04
QUOTE: Does any other people in the world demand the world to respect their culture? Yes. It is a basic rule on mutual understanding between people with different culture background.

I disagree.  I think this only applies with direct contact such as visiting a foreign land.  In that case, yes, it's just good manners to respect the local culture.   But why should say someone in China have to respect my values & culture?  I wouldn't expect that.  

Burning books is a part of our culture.  Being defiant is a part of our culture.  Why not just tell the musIims to respect that?

You can't - its always just a one-way street.  

Many musIims who live here, do nothing but complain.  They call our women ###s.  Where are you to tell them to respect our culture?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-4-3 09:39:10 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-4-3 09:45:21 |Display all floors
Originally posted by GoChina888 at 2011-4-3 03:16
Sorry my mistake but it did not invalidate my point of view.

If they do not want their religious idols drawn, the remaining societies around the world must respect their rules.

And I referre ...

I will not to my dying day, live by their rules.

I don't respect 'rules' that are put in place by threats of death.

I will not be bullied or intimidated to treat them any different than I would a non-musIIm.

You see what they are wanting here is special treatment - for the world to bow down to their 'rules'.  

Why would anyone do this?  Why support or legitimize this kind of behavior?  Are you seriously justifying murder as a means of social control?

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.