Author: humanlife

Google faces fresh setbacks in China [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2011-4-8 16:17:16 |Display all floors

Google should have a wider perspective

they should  base the freedom on the commercial, not the converse. the leaders should take procedual and practical actions to make it. because commercial is the very ligitimate cause to the mainland officials. don't be set up by some ideology. now through baidu i can check out more infos abroad.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-4-8 19:19:57 |Display all floors
Originally posted by greenmt at 2011-4-8 16:17
they should  base the freedom on the commercial, not the converse. the leaders should take procedual and practical actions to make it. because commercial is the very ligitimate cause to the mainlan ...

The two go hand in hand.  Google's 'morality' makes them more trusted with advertisers and businesses.  Google plays it straight - always and they can't be bought.  I've represented some large companies that spent millions to google each year.  They've tried to get Google to bend their rules and no dice.  Taking this kind of stance, ensures the little guy has a chance to compete in a level playing field.  So, ultimately they have a wider customer base because they provide a system for advertising that works for the large and small.  It's just smart. Anyone who has ever worked with Google Adwords has respect for Google as opposed to microsoft's version that is unreliable and hard to manage.  

'You can make money without being evil' - that is their message to advertisers.  I respect that.  And again, the fact they can't be bought makes me feel better about spending money with them.

As for the censorship - that issue was pushed by Sergey Brin and was done so from his background in Russia.  Some of the biggest proponents of free speech has come from russia post the soviet union.  It was also a punch in the nose to make it an issue.  No doubt about it.  It was retaliation for hacking into their system.

I don't think Google can operate correctly with China's laws.  They interfere with what their product is.  I wish they weren't there and would just come home.  China isn't ready for them yet.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-4-8 19:27:25 |Display all floors

Bullsh1t

Originally posted by JFenix at 2011-4-8 19:19

The two go hand in hand.  Google's 'morality' makes them more trusted with advertisers and businesses.  Google plays it straight - always and they can't be bought.  I've represented some large  ...

Google is about as straight as a corkscrew.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-4-8 19:33:07 |Display all floors
Originally posted by petera at 2011-4-8 19:27

Google is about as straight as a corkscrew.

Try them out for yourself.  Everyone gets the same experience.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-4-8 19:37:31 |Display all floors
In all of the bad press that Google has gotten over the years - when have you ever read a story about advertisers complaining of unfair practices?  I don't think there has been one case and they rake in billions each year in advertising dollars.  

That wouldn't happen if people were getting ripped off by google or if they didn't provide a service that worked and was transparent.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-4-8 23:22:58 |Display all floors
google should be booted out of China entirely, including google.hk, tw. theyre services are garbage and not worth it. i dont care what they offer. nothing is worth being spied on by the u.s. govt. i'd rather pay money for email than use free gmail.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-4-8 23:23:54 |Display all floors
Originally posted by JFenix at 2011-4-8 19:19

The two go hand in hand.  Google's 'morality' makes them more trusted with advertisers and businesses.  Google plays it straight - always and they can't be bought.  I've represented some large  ...

if google stopped being evil,. they simply wouldnt be google anymore

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.