Gaddafi's airforce wiped out. [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2011-3-24 21:34:30 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-3-24 21:37:59 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-3-24 22:09:49 |Display all floors
probably why Russia was against the no fly zone is  simply they did not want the world to know their air defence systems were garbage

who would fork out the big bucks for Russian stuff now.
El cheapo is what the price tag should read.
ExJ.H

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-3-24 22:12:54 |Display all floors
talking about arms dealing I am waiting for Obama to cease selling arms to Bahrain and Saudia Arabia

both are repressive regimes that use the same made in USA arms to deny democracy
ExJ.H

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-3-24 22:18:20 |Display all floors
Yeah ... Hollywood can now use it as an argument to the sequence of Top Gun...Top Gun II.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-3-24 23:00:44 |Display all floors
Originally posted by Wahahaha at 2011-3-24 21:34
>>>>>the fact remains, we did not rape iraq for their oil<<<<<<

At least you show the courtesy of admitting that you raped Iraq.  If not for the oil, what was it ...

I never supported the Iraq war.  I protested that war on several occasions and have always been very vocal about how I felt about it.  

I think there were many reasons for the Iraq war but I think for the most part it was because the 1st war left an unacceptable situation.  The sanctions didn't work, the no-fly zone didn't work - and we were left with a political standoff that was costing lives.  The longer that went unsolved, the more lives would be lost.  But heres the thing - No one was going to deal with Saddam.  No one was willing to lift the sanctions.  So the standoff went on for waaaaayyyy too long.   With Saddam out of power, trade could resume normally and people could get all the supplies they needed.  Secondly, Saddam threatened Bush Sr.'s life.  How much of this was Bush Jr - 'you tried to kill my dad!!" type of mentality?  It's certainly something he wouldn't admit to publicly.  Thirdly, I think the Saudis were also behind the invasion in Iraq.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-3-25 02:49:11 |Display all floors
Originally posted by laincoubert at 2011-3-24 22:12
talking about arms dealing I am waiting for Obama to cease selling arms to Bahrain and Saudia Arabia

both are repressive regimes that use the same made in USA arms to deny democracy

I would love nothing more than for that to happen.  Our relationships with those tyrants is embarrassing.   I love these revolutions.  They are going to change the whole game and it's about freakin time!

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.