Author: kongque

BBC attacks China over Libya stance [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2011-3-22 19:34:43 |Display all floors
Originally posted by ganzhuolin at 2011-3-22 10:10

Do you understand the difference between a no-fly zone and direct intervention? Clearly you don't.

"you had the power to veto, you didn't for good reasons, so why are you complaining a ...

The language of the resolution left it open for wider military operations.  I knew about this even before we signed because it was an issue.  We were not to sign without an exit plan and we were not going to take the lead in this - this is all due to the language of the resolution.  You can't tell me China or Russia was not also aware on this language in the resolution.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-3-22 20:10:12 |Display all floors

China and Russia was once again duped!

Originally posted by JFenix at 2011-3-22 19:34
You can't tell me China or Russia was not also aware on this language in the resolution.

China and Russia thought that the resolution was to protect civilians and NOT TO BLOW THEM TO HELL!

But of course they now realise that these war criminals are living up to their names.

Lesson to be learnt for the millionth time: Don't put your trust in the hands of US/UK.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-3-22 20:18:10 |Display all floors
The West does not settled for a proud China and become angry to see that it refuses to yield to their whims.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-3-22 20:21:10 |Display all floors
Originally posted by GoChina888 at 2011-3-22 20:18
The West does not settled for before a proud China and become angry to see that it refuses to yield to their whims.

But China did yield....that's the thing.  You don't pass up an opportunity to stop an action you think is wrong and then later complain when the action is taken.  That wording was very clumsy, but you know what I mean.  China could of stopped the intervention by veto but didn't.  Why whine about it now?  You passed up your chance.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-3-22 20:47:40 |Display all floors

@ #32

China abstained in the vote on the creation of a no-fly zone, not indiscriminate bombing.

There is a big difference between a no-fly zone and bombing. The fact is that the Western alliance took advantage of the no-fly zone to add on their own, some more actions that were not discussed in the UN Security Council  

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-3-22 20:51:31 |Display all floors
Originally posted by GoChina888 at 2011-3-22 20:47
China abstained in the vote on the creation of a no-fly zone, not indiscriminate bombing.

There is a big difference between a no-fly zone and bombing. The fact is that the Western alliance took  ...

As I said before, the language in the resolution authorized a wider military intervention.  China did read the resolution.  This should not come as a surprise.  The attacks over the last couple days are fully authorized under the resolution for the no-fly zone.

Use magic tools Report

Medal Medal of honor Gold Medal July's Best Writer 2012 October's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2011-3-22 20:56:20 |Display all floors
Originally posted by JFenix at 2011-3-22 20:51
As I said before, the language in the resolution authorized a wider military intervention.  China did read the resolution.  This should not come as a surprise.  The attacks over the last couple ...
  ..................................................................................

Can you quote this passage which 'authorized a wider military intervention' ........... ?

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.