Views: 1675|Replies: 3

Why are Chinese so prone to panic? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2011-3-18 16:03:17 |Display all floors
I guess it began with the SARS in 2003, and a sort of traditional Chinese medicine was instantly sold out.

Then mung beans came along, followed by gallic, (gallic! of all the things).

Now, it's salt's turn.

What's next? If someone says cannibalism could save the day, would you do it?
We are all prisoners of our own device.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-3-18 22:45:45 |Display all floors
About the current Japanese crisis, without a doubt, the issue is the contamination by radioactive material that can largely affect a wide extent of the Japan's adjoining.

And such threat cannot be overlooked. If doing so, it'd be a huge display of imprudence but at same time, people needed to be correctly guided by the government that for its turn must have accurate and actual information from the Japanese authorities.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-3-19 03:25:29 |Display all floors
Many Chinese are too emotional and not level-headed.  One man in the salt run was asked why he was hoarding.  " Everyone is buying so I am too," he replied.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-3-21 15:20:40 |Display all floors
I think nobody can be calm to face the death. If that will work ,most people will do that without the sensibility. But I think that is very indiculous to buy too many salt.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.