Author: dragonlover

8.9 Earthquake Hits Japan [Copy link] 中文

Gold Medal

Post time 2011-3-12 08:32:21 |Display all floors
Morning everybody.

After a sleepless night with dozens of aftershocks, another two 6,7 earthquakes in central Japan (Nagano prefecture and on the Japan Sea coast in Niigata pref.)  I feel like riding on a small boat in heavy waves. It is however not clear whether the two a.m. earthquakes are related to the big tremor that shook northeastern Japan yesterday. I feel like riding on a boat in heavy waves.

In Tokyo public transport is slowly resuming although there are still many problems with electicity, gas and phones. To add insult to injury the Fukushima No. 1 and 2 nuclear reactors have become a threat with three of four reactors in plant no.2 impossible to cool. People are now evacuated in a radius of 10 kms from the plants.

Northern Japan's seaboard looks like a war zone. Whole villages and small cities have been destroyed by the killer tsunami or ravaged by fires. The number of casualties is still unknown and will be for some time to come although scores of bodies were found already. Highways and railways to the north are partially destroyed, no communication with most places and air traffic to Sendai (Miyagi pref) and Fukushima is interrupted. The Sendai airport was destroyed by the tsunami.

Difficult to say how this will play out. Most people are under shock inspite of all the preparedness (sp?), drills etc. in expectation of the big quake. It was all too sudden and many places had only five minutes time to evacuate before the tsunami hit.

Well, I guess it doesn't matter whether a nation is affluent or not. Nature in its fury cannot be controlled. Human beings have to live with it.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-3-12 08:47:34 |Display all floors
Yesterday evening, when I came home and before I had even heard about it,

a former colleague of mine from japan, rushed into the Elevator, just as it arrived on my floor,
seemed not even to notice me, and even looking rather confused by my greeting.
Became clearer to me after seeing it on TV then.

Still no Idea what she was doing here though,
just hope her Family is alive and well.
您买象牙 - 您杀了大象!
http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNjU1Nzg0NDky.html - “用现代文明标准比划中国人,是严重的种族歧视行为。”
„Ich ficke wo, wen, und wann ich will, hast du mich verstanden. Auch du könntest ficken, aber du kannst es ja gar nicht, deine deutsche Genauigkeit... verbietet es dir“. Jean-Claude Juncker

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-3-12 08:56:06 |Display all floors
Originally posted by satsu_jin at 2011-3-12 08:32
Morning everybody.

After a sleepless night with dozens of aftershocks, another two 6,7 earthquakes in central Japan (Nagano prefecture and on the Japan Sea coast in Niigata pref.)  I feel like  ...

I've been watching videos and news on this all day.  Tragic.  My heart goes out to all affected.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-3-12 09:01:01 |Display all floors
I feel very bad watching the reports on TV. It's a hard time for the Japanese people and many people around the world. Hope you can recover soon, and I am sure other countries and people would like to do as much as they can to give a helping hand.

Take care Satsu!  

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-3-12 09:06:09 |Display all floors
Originally posted by NE_Tigress at 2011-3-12 09:01
Take care Satsu!   

Fleeee to Beijing if you can. It's safer here.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-3-12 12:01:47 |Display all floors

From what I see on t.v......

Originally posted by satsu_jin at 2011-3-11 18:00
The 8,4 or 8,8/8,9 quake (many conflicting measurments) was huge. Here in Tokyo all public transport stopped (trains, subways, shinkansen) and will not resume anytime soon, many buildings etc. caug ...

It appears that Tokyo itself did not suffer great damage building-wise. If so that is really impressive given the magnitude of the quake....

Having said that the tsunami hitting those small towns and villages were truly frightening. Beyond words to express, especially since I have friends and relatives in hawaii and seattle on the west coast both of which were put on warning for tsunamis heading in that direction...

Sad and frightening....keep well and safe....

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-3-12 12:35:11 |Display all floors
Originally posted by satsu_jin at 2011-3-12 08:32
Morning everybody.

To add insult to injury the Fukushima No. 1 and 2 nuclear reactors have become a threat with three of four reactors in plant no.2 impossible to cool.  

Mhh,

that could help making the therapies for my Conditions more widespread and widely available around East Asia,

Concerning the People, of Course, I'd rather prefer it not to.

My Sincerest Condolences again, and the best wishes.
您买象牙 - 您杀了大象!
http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNjU1Nzg0NDky.html - “用现代文明标准比划中国人,是严重的种族歧视行为。”
„Ich ficke wo, wen, und wann ich will, hast du mich verstanden. Auch du könntest ficken, aber du kannst es ja gar nicht, deine deutsche Genauigkeit... verbietet es dir“. Jean-Claude Juncker

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.