Author: DanseMacabre

Rural children should shun university? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2011-3-12 08:40:37 |Display all floors

Copy the Jews ?

Originally posted by LCSULLA at 2011-3-12 08:19

depends how you see it.

It's not Passion for higher learning as a self purpose as I observed it at jewish friends (and embrace myself since finding the right major for me).

It is seen, pu ...

Yes, sure.  Your jewish friends.

They are few and their country is small.

Yet, they CONTROL America literally.

That was my suggestion to the Chinese if they want to be all first class and elite #4.

Glad you agree with me.  
永垂不朽

Use magic tools Report

Gold Medal September's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2011-3-12 08:41:31 |Display all floors
Originally posted by chopsticks11 at 2011-3-12 07:00
What I don't understand about the Chinese is the way they view university education as THE important thing in life.

When I am a little child, My mom and teachers in elementary and junior high school often repeated again and again:
Did you see the farmers in land? They have to work under the blizzing sun. But they still don't have enough bread to eat. Would you like to work as a workers in cities and don't suffer this hardship? And then study hard and go to univeristy.

Oh, there was a kindergarten in my village, where town government locate, until my first year of elementary school.

[ Last edited by 468259058 at 2011-3-12 08:42 AM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-3-12 08:48:07 |Display all floors
Originally posted by chopsticks11 at 2011-3-12 08:40

That was my suggestion to the Chinese if they want to be al ...

How the Jews do it ?  How the West do it ?

Yes, remember the Western Imperialism day ?

They make their people FIRST class not by forcing their people share the one cake they have !

They gobbled our cakes too.
永垂不朽

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-3-12 08:58:28 |Display all floors
A guy with a village-hukou certificate had to pay thousands to tens of thousands of yuan before 2000 to buy a city-hukou certificate.

But now the village-hukou certificate is more valuable. One guy have to give up his village-hukou certificate if he go to  study in a university. But nowadays, one guy with city-hukou certificate can't buy a village-hukou certificate even with tens of thousands of yuan.

From this perspective, many people prefer not to study in university, or they will lose their valuable village-hukou certificate. They can't go back their village even if they want.

Of course, Most people won't go back to villages to suffer the hardship after the tertiary education. Even those people who didn't go to univeristy prefer to work as migrant workers in cities.

But Nowadays another issue came out. Beijing city can't go on a sustainable development with too many population. And Beijing government officials have to send back the people in Beiing back to villages. How? And then a Congress member from Beijing proposed this suggestion in National Congress.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-3-12 09:04:22 |Display all floors

Naked government officials

Originally posted by chopsticks11 at 2011-3-12 08:40
That was my suggestion to the Chinese if they want to be all first class and elite #4.
Glad you agree with me....

hahaaha..Nowadays.. Many Mainland government officials throw away Mainland Chinese citizenship. Most of them went to U.S.A.

16,000 above Chu-level Mainland government officials succeed to flee away after being exposed from 1992 to 2007. And one trillion yuan was taken by them.

[ Last edited by 468259058 at 2011-3-12 09:07 AM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-3-12 09:04:36 |Display all floors

Reply #8 chopsticks11's post

That particular Family I was speaking of was neither wealthy nor in America.
In fact themselves rather struggling to make ends meet, yet receiving me in their family.
(In my childhood that was). Still, the Ideal of higher Education was upheld as a self purpose,
Wealth, a possible side result of that, that eventually came in (in small scale) just few years ago.

Your ignorance and prejudice seems staggering to me.
您买象牙 - 您杀了大象!
http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNjU1Nzg0NDky.html - “用现代文明标准比划中国人,是严重的种族歧视行为。”
„Ich ficke wo, wen, und wann ich will, hast du mich verstanden. Auch du könntest ficken, aber du kannst es ja gar nicht, deine deutsche Genauigkeit... verbietet es dir“. Jean-Claude Juncker

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-3-12 09:04:39 |Display all floors

aiya !

Originally posted by 468259058 at 2011-3-12 08:41

When I am a little child, My mom and teachers in elementary and junior high school often repeated again and again:
Did you see the farmers in land? They have to work under the blizzing sun.  ...

All (Chinese) parents think alike.  That was what my mother used to say to us too.  But she didn't have farmers to find fault with.  My mother found fault with our road sweepers downstairs (we lived apartments then) who strangely were people my teacher taught us to respect and learn from their diligence.  How confused, we as children were often subjected to.

But do wake up.  You are no longer a child.  

When you are at university age and your parents can ill afford to send you, did you force them to take up heavy loans to send you to the university?  Or did your sister have to sacrifice her youth and be a rich man's mistress to send you to the university ?

Would you forego your chance of a university education in such a situation ?
永垂不朽

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.