Author: Revolutionar

Are Chinese the Jews of the East.? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2011-3-7 17:14:38 |Display all floors

China adapted many of religious and cultural identities from India

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-3-7 17:16:30 |Display all floors
Originally posted by manoj10 at 2011-3-7 17:09

Yes

This is a little hard to confirm but the first Shaolin master was an Indian who founded the Shaolin school. He was a prince turned Buddhist monk who ruled South India city just a few 1 ...

No doubt Buddhism originated from India,
but it seemed that Buddhism did not come from there directly but
through Afghanistan and then Xinjiang

Shaolin master was at a later time, a few centuries after Buddhism already flourished in China.
Please don't shoot, I'm just a babe.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-3-7 17:19:59 |Display all floors
Originally posted by satsu_jin at 2011-3-7 16:31
The lion dance as well as the first lions probably came to China in the 1st or 2nd century - together with Buddhism - from India. Look at Boddhisatva Manju Sri who was riding on the back of a lion. ...

There are many versions to the origin of lion dance in China.
It could have been a much earlier time and from further West where lions are more plentiful than in West India.
Please don't shoot, I'm just a babe.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-3-8 08:09:56 |Display all floors
Originally posted by correction at 2011-3-7 17:19

There are many versions to the origin of lion dance in China.
It could have been a much earlier time and from further West where lions are more plentiful than in West India.

I also find China's 'lion dogs' and / or guardian dog statues.  Very cool.  My chow puppy looks very much like some of those.  His coloring does make him look like a little lion. :)

Use magic tools Report

Gold Medal

Post time 2011-3-8 09:45:40 |Display all floors
Originally posted by correction at 2011-3-7 18:04

Did Buddhism come directly from India ??
Was it not from ancient silk route that connects China with West Asia? ?

I believe Buddhism did directly come from India. Don't forget that the Indus valley and vast surrounding territories belonged to the Indus culture. It probably came from the west, i. e. Indus area and over the Karakorum/Pamir mountains but this does not mean it came from west Asia.  

Probably it also came over an early silk road but then again, Buddhism's origin was in the Indus culture land and not west Asia.

Use magic tools Report

Gold Medal

Post time 2011-3-8 09:49:27 |Display all floors
Originally posted by manoj10 at 2011-3-7 18:10

The Indian lions are almost extinct. There are only 10 lions alive in the Gujarat Gir sanctuary. It is said in Sutras that Indian kings did present Chinese Emperors with lions which were alive.

Not so long ago I read an article about the lions' habitat in Gujarat. They talked about 15 to 20 animals. Whatever it is I hope they can be protected and don't go extinct although inbreeding will be a problem in future.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-3-8 10:40:06 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.