Author: kongque

USA places BAIDU on pirate list [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2011-3-3 05:20:11 |Display all floors
Originally posted by magnetic1974 at 2-3-2011 13:40
I HAVE TO PAY BACK THIS YEAR TO THE UNCLE SAM, BECAUSE HE SAIDS THAT IA MAKING TOO MUCH MONEY. I GUESS THAT I WILL NOT FILE MY INCOME TAX THIS YEAR AND WAIT UNTIL NEXT YEAR.

I AM  MARRIED BUT MY ...

Earn the money - pay the tax.

It is the way of our world today.

Learn how to work around the system - then you pay them far less than what they expect.
We will see massive rises in taxation in all western countries over the next couple of years - they are burning the candle at both ends and doing so means they will always be seeking more and more from their populations to feed the flames.

Civilisation as we know it is about to enter a period of drastic change.

The Wolf is Your Shepherd
Man created god before god created man and the world has been in turmoil ever since. Dots freak some people out - so they join them with lines that aren't really there.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-3-3 05:46:36 |Display all floors

wouldnt worry a thing...

the US not only attacking on alibaba, baidu & taobao but other nations as well just too bad that china made it on headline...the funny thing is that even eBay sponsorin those vendors  

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-3-3 09:43:00 |Display all floors
Originally posted by youknowhat at 3-3-2011 07:46
the US not only attacking on alibaba, baidu & taobao but other nations as well just too bad that china made it on headline...the funny thing is that even eBay sponsorin those vendors  

you are right - eBay has long been the mecca of the less than legal vendors as well as a lot of rogues.

Baidu will not suffer as the "pirate" listing of the USA is nothing more than fang guo pi........ if anything it will make more people use Baidu for online purchasing - the old saying "even bad publicity is good publicity" still holds and is a well known tactic of celebrities - instead of paying for a PR campaign they simply do something outrageous and the media gives them front page for a few days - and that sort of publicity is worth a fortune.....
Man created god before god created man and the world has been in turmoil ever since. Dots freak some people out - so they join them with lines that aren't really there.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-3-7 10:48:13 |Display all floors
Have never been a fan of Baidu.com. For the same subject, a Baidu search only turns up pages of useless results,most of which are annoying ads, while, on the other hand, a Google search can uncover some genuinely helpful information. If it weren't for the GFW, our experience with search engines would be made a lot smoother in China. (In fairness to Baidu.com I do find its other applications pretty handy such as Baidu Zhidao and Baidu Map.)

Having said all that, I believe labeling Baidu.com an accomplice for doggy online vendors is definitely overreatction and unfair. They know as well as we do that the virtual world isn't a well-policed place and that it is next to impossible for the likes of Craiglist to verify every user's identity. So the best thing to do is to use your discretion before making a purchase.

[ Last edited by snsgenius at 2011-3-7 10:49 AM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-3-7 10:52:08 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.