Author: greatlady

DAMN:I HATE MY CHINGLISH [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2011-2-20 14:46:52 |Display all floors

Communication is What the Listener Does

As long as you can communicate your message unambiguously and succinctly, you should feel you have achieved your goal.

To improve my English I used to read journal articles or background pieces in foreign newspapers.  These longer articles (usually at least 3,000 words) were often written by articulate journalists and commentators who had an excellent command of English.  

I would read these articles with a dictionary close at hand, so I could immediately look up a word I was unfamiliar with.  I think it helped improve my vocabulary and understanding of the language.

For this Forum, I would not be too concerned about your capability.  Most posts are strewn with spelling and grammatical errors (including mine, no doubt).  Try gaining access to thoughtfully written journals, like the Economist and others with in-depth articles.  The English is usually better than here.

Think smart and base your beliefs on facts and evidence.
Beliefs based on facts and evidence, not rhetoric and rumour.

Use magic tools Report

Gold Medal September's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2011-2-20 15:02:29 |Display all floors
unambiguously and succinctly
spelling and grammatical errors

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-2-20 15:47:54 |Display all floors
Originally posted by greatlady at 2011-2-19 21:35

Greeaaaaaaaaaat laaady u are la
What's on your mind now........ooooooooooooooo la la....Kind Regards

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Glod Medal 2015 Most Popular Member 2012's Best Moderator Medal of honor August's Best Contributor 2012 July's Best Contributor 2012 Gold Medal

Post time 2011-2-20 16:13:49 |Display all floors
Originally posted by manoj10 at 2011-2-20 11:04

You must stop using Pakis with us. We aren't the same class like them. We are far more civilized as human beings

Chao Ren VFP

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-2-20 16:22:34 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Gold Medal September's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2011-2-20 16:31:21 |Display all floors
Originally posted by jordan_c_fan at 2011-2-20 16:22
Your comments about "Chinglish" is nothing new.  The Chinese had overthrow the Ching Government or Qing Dynasty exactly 100 years or a century ago in 1911 AD because most Chinese hae Chinglish or Qingish things such as their customs, culture, clothes, politics, laws, governing styles, etc....

It said that the present censoring rules are similar with the censoring rules in Qing Dynasty.

"Qing Feng Bu Shi Zi, He Gu Luan Fan Shu."
(Ching don't know words, why keep slipping pages.) (Chinglish have the same pronunciation as Wind in Chinese.)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-2-20 21:08:54 |Display all floors
Originally posted by fluffylufy at 2011-2-20 00:54

Chairman's ?
ghost can't not go easily until get satisfied.

but he is still in contact with betrayed

i dont know how he's doing

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.