Author: greatlady

Chinese,how are they in your eyes? [Copy link] 中文

Gold Medal September's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2011-2-25 18:50:32 |Display all floors
Originally posted by greatlady at 2011-2-25 16:45
ys,thanks for correction.
Reading some on line news,saying peoples frm Si Chuan and Xi An are lazy.
I don't know where is the clues?

"Hao Anyi ao" is what we describe Chengdu's lifestyle.
People in Chengdu really really know how to enjoy life, I think.

China's city and city people were greatly affected by government reform policies from 1980s.

The major reform took place in villages around China in the late 1970s. For cities, Central government only give huge policies supports including taxes supports, foreign trade supports, for Guangdong province and a little for the other coastal area.

Village economy was going relative downturn after 1990s. Governments left town government-owned companies for privatization. Almost nothing took place in relative improvement from 1990s to the present in village economy. For cities, Urbanization began in the early 1990s and accelerated after 2000. Great supports for Shanghai area started from the early 1990s. Later, many other policies greatly affected city people's lives, such as the central government-owned bank reform in the late 1990s; the central government and local governments-owned comapnies reform in the late 1990s; housing reform, healthcare reform, education reform.

Only one "West Development" policies was made in 2000, nothing else for Xi'an. One company would gain huge privilege in market after it accomplish the primitive accumulation of capital. The companies in Xi'an would be further leg hehind other companies from coastal area with times go on. Without enough good companies, most farmers in Shanxi province, where Xi'an is the capital, have to find a job in coastal cities for a better income after village economy went relative downturn after 1990s.

Looking toward the history a little further, Is Chinese lazy in 1960s when Great Famine happened? Of course not. But why do most Chinese don't need to struggle for food now, but don't have enough food in 1960s?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-2-26 08:49:45 |Display all floors
I like the chinese.  I actually have learned that we are more alike as far as sharing the same values.  Work ethic and pride in country is something china has in common with america.

Use magic tools Report

Gold Medal September's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2011-2-26 09:36:11 |Display all floors
Originally posted by JFenix at 2011-2-26 08:49
I actually have learned that we are more alike as far as sharing the same values.  Work ethic and pride in country is something china has in common with america.

I think so.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-3-2 08:21:03 |Display all floors
I have met many Chinese here in New Zealand. They are always very polite, and if they come here to study they are very successful.
Of cours ethe women are so gorgeous

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-3-2 09:39:25 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.