Author: 468259058

Why block Wikipedia in my area again? [Copy link] 中文

Gold Medal September's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2011-2-26 14:16:02 |Display all floors

The fear I feel is felt by all of our writers.

Well, I am not angry. I believe I am not alone; this is the situation faced by all of China's writers. The fear I feel is not just the fear felt by one writer, but by all of our writers.

Unfortunately, I have dedicated great effort to the task of compiling this Senstive words Glossary, and I have mastered my filtering skills. When I wrote my latest book, I knew which words had to be cut, and I accpeted the cutting as if that was the way it should be. in fact, I will often take it on myself to save time and cut a few words.

This is castrated writing. I am a proactive eunuch, I castrate myself even before the surgeon raises his scalpel.

By Murong Xuecun, who got the 2010 People's Literature Prize (one of famous literature pizes in Mainland China), but he was unexpectedly barred from making an acceptance speech. He dilivered it instead on Tuesday before the Forign Correspondents Club in HongKong
published: Februrary 23, 2011

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-2-26 14:28:44 |Display all floors

Word Crime: is the Culture Revolution really over?

Our language has been cut into two parts; one safe, and the other risky. Some words are revolutionary, and others are reactionary; some words we may use, and others belong to our enemies.

The most unfortunate thing is that despite my experience, I still don't always know which words are legal and which is illegal, and as a result I often unknowingly commit a "Word crime". When I stand at a podium to receive a prize, I feel uncomfortable calling myself a writer - I am merely a word  crimial.

Some people would say that this is just the way things are. My feeling is that I am already close to suffocation. I struggle to choose safe words in a linguistic minefield. It seems that every single Chinese word looks suspicious. I want to say that this not only harms my works, it also harms our language.

This is our great language, the language of Philosopher Zhuangzi and the poets Li Bai and Su Dongpo and the grand historian Sima Qian. Maybe our grandchildren and the children of our grandchildren will rediscover many beautiful words and phrases that no longer exist. But sadly, even now, we continue to arrogantly procalim that our langauge is on the rise.

The only speakable truth is that we cannot speak the truth. The only acceptable viewpoint is that we cannot express a viewpoint. We cannot criticize the system, we cannot discuss current affaris, we cannot even mention distant Ethiopia. Sometimes I can't help wondering: Is the Culture Revolution really over?

I know these words are not appropriate for this time and place, as I accpet an award. They may be deemed naive. But at this time, in this place, I still adhere to a kind of navie reasoning: when the air quality deteriorates, I feel we should do something; not simply shut our mouths and stop breathing. Rather, we must act, to defend our language, to improve the environment. Most of all, this is what a writer should do. Only by saying this kind of thing do I deserve a prize for literature.

By Murong Xuecun, who got the 2010 People's Literature Prize (one of famous literature pizes in Mainland China), but he was unexpectedly barred from making an acceptance speech. He dilivered it instead on Tuesday before the Forign Correspondents Club in HongKong

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-2-26 14:41:25 |Display all floors

publish the Sensitive Words Glossary for avoding "Word Crimes"

I hope that we can agree on a few things:

Literature is not at the service of the government; on the contrary, government should do everything in their power  to create a favorable climate for literature.

If we cannot get rid of censorship, then I hope we can be a little more relaxed about it; if we cannot be relaxed, at least let us be a little more intelligent.

If there really were a Sensitive Words Glossary, I hope that it could be published; in this way at least we could all save a lot time, and reduce the possiblity of unwittingly commiting "Word Crimes."

Writers shouldn't be parrots, and they definitely should not be yapping house pets; they should have a clear mind and speak with an honest voice. When they take up their pens, they are noboday's slave, they have the right to pledge loyalty to no one; and to speak the truth and be true to their own consciences.

Finanlly, I want to say that I am not a class enemy, I  am not a troublemaker, nor an overthrower of governments. I am just a citizen who makes suggestions. My words may be sharp, but please believe in my good intentions.

Like most people, I dream of living in a perfect world, but I am still willing to give my all for an imperfect world.

The speech was translated from the Chinese by Harvey Thomlinson, Jane Weizhen Pan and Martin Merz.

source: ww w.nytimes.com/2011/02/24/opinion/24iht-edmurong24.html?pagewanted=2&ref=china

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-2-26 14:45:32 |Display all floors
He dare to tell the truth in a press conference.

The literature prize winner is really really an honest and brave guy.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-3-22 18:57:47 |Display all floors
Originally posted by Shinadairy at 2011-3-22 18:37
IP206.217.13
What Chinese cyber criminal is behind this IP ?
I will strangle him until his   s h i t    come out    ! ! !

206.217.13.1 located in United States.
ISP of this IP is Sweetwater Television Company in Rock Springs, Wyoming, U.S.A.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-3-22 19:05:57 |Display all floors

fake or true?

A Beijing entrepreneur, discussing restaurant choices with his fiancee over their cellphones last week, quoted Queen Gertrude's response to Hamlet: "The lady doth protest too much, me thinks." The second time he said the word "protest," her phone cut off.

He spoke English, but another caller, repeating the same phrase on Monday in Chinese over a different phone, was also cut off in midsentence.

By Sharon La Franiere and David Barboza
Published: March 21, 2011

source: ww w.nytimes.com/2011/03/22/world/asia/22china.html?_r=1&ref=china

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-3-22 19:36:27 |Display all floors
Originally posted by 468259058 at 2011-3-22 19:05
A Beijing entrepreneur, discussing restaurant choices with his fiancee over their cellphones last week, quoted Queen Gertrude's response to Hamlet: "The lady doth protest too much, me thinks.& ...

You can enjoy those farts by yourself Tel. No., but please do not spread the lies. You know it's not true. If such thing happens, you should have been banned from this forum long ago.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.