Author: 468259058

Why block Wikipedia in my area again? [Copy link] 中文

2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Glod Medal 2015 Most Popular Member 2012's Best Moderator Medal of honor August's Best Contributor 2012 July's Best Contributor 2012 Gold Medal

Post time 2011-2-14 03:18:30 |Display all floors
Originally posted by wetac0s at 2011-2-14 02:59
wikipedia is extremely biased.   The people who edit and write for wikipedia are anti-china, anti-muslim, anti-native, and anti-black.

It's a great tool.
I have never had a problem to open Wiki wherever I am in CHINA.

Chao Ren VFP

Use magic tools Report

Gold Medal September's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2011-2-14 08:44:31 |Display all floors
Originally posted by 1584austin at 2011-2-14 03:18
It's a great tool.
Chao Ren VFP

I agree that It's a great tool and a great source of knowledge.
It's a great dictionary for me to study English.

I could visit Wikipedia again from 2011-2-11. But cenring ministry still block the figures (pictures) in Wiki. (I have to visit those pictures through ask.com/wiki)

[ Last edited by 468259058 at 2011-2-14 08:48 AM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-2-15 10:41:56 |Display all floors
If you are a politican, if you are a government senior official, you should learn a little from movie stars, you have to sacrifice your privacy.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-2-15 10:42:33 |Display all floors
Positive news:

Did Government propaganda learn lessons from "positive news"?

For example: 2008 snow disaster in South China? Positive news on the ability of Railway passenger transport.       the social securities in Guangzhou Raiway station Square greatly deteriorated after more and more people gathered in square by the positive news. One Guangdong provincial top governor asked the minister of Raiway transport to take the responsibity.

Originally posted by 468259058 at 2011-1-3 11:02   For example: CCAV reported that one family told president Hu they paid only 77 RMB monthly for apartment rental in the new year EVE. I guess the censorship control organization want to show how great achievements there are. However, great conflicts raised lately.
actually, there is only several apartments (maybe less than 10) buuilding in the Mega city Beijing. after the real condition was revealed, the faith and the trust in government has been hurt again.

Can positive news deny the existance of the negative accidents? Can the negative news deny the existance of the positive events?

What's the self-respect and self-deception for one individual? What's the self-respect and self-dection for a government, for a nation?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-2-15 10:45:55 |Display all floors
how to make friends with powerful countries and poor countries?

how to convince the present powerful countries like America think their fate togethered with Chinese fate with cases. If China going up, American would be going up, less or more. If China going down, Americna would be going down, less or more.

On averaged of the population, one rich mainland Chinese didn't give as much help to mainland Chinese poor as the help to Taiwan poor people (the lastest hot news report: Mainland Chinese do the charity in Taiwan.)

If a countries can't help its own poor people, he helped other poor countries much more than some rich countries in practice, Could the government win the respect from its people and other nations?

help others not beyond the reach of one's ability. For example: the help to Vietnam in 1960s.

Should our propaganda rethink the past policies and the present cases?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-2-15 11:41:34 |Display all floors
too much censoring words and topics distrust Mainland Chinese.
How can the cersoring ministry make people outside Mainland China believe the reports in Mainland China propoganda?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-2-26 14:10:09 |Display all floors

I criticize only what is permissble to criticize.

Actually, I am a coward, I say only what is safe to say, and I  criticize only what is permissble to criticize.
From my many years' experience in writing and publishing, I could compile a Sensitive Words Glossary, in which you would certainly find the words "system", "law","government" as well as a large number of other nouns, serveral verbs, quite a few of adjectives, and even a few special numbers. The glossary would also include all names of religions, all names of important people, all countries, including of course China, and also the phrase ""Chinese people."

In many places in my new book, "Chinese people" was changed to "some people", or even "a small number of people". If I critiqued some part of traditional Chinese culture, the editor would change it to the "the bureaucratic of ancient China." If I brought up anything contemporary, he would ask me instead to refer to Zhu Yuanzhang, the founder of Ming Dynasty, or Wu Zetian, a notorious Tang Dynasty empress, or Europ of Middle Ages.

Readers of my book may think I'm mad. Obviously I'm writing about contemporary things so why am I repeatedly criticizing Empress Wu?

Well, the reader may be right: At this time, in this place, Chinese writing exhibits ssymptoms of a mental disorder. I am not a Chinese writer so much as a person with a mental disorder.

to be continued.

By Murong Xuecun, who got the 2010 People's Literature Prize (one of famous literature pizes in Mainland China), but he was unexpectedly barred from making an acceptance speech. He dilivered it instead on Tuesday before the Forign Correspondents Club in HongKong
published: Februrary 23, 2011

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.