Author: leokun

Adult children must visit parents regularly by law   [Copy link] 中文

Rank: 8Rank: 8

Post time 2011-1-11 23:11:55 |Display all floors

Take time to MAKE time...

so far hear only excuse after excuse from folks that dont even try a little to appreciate what their parents have done for em...for bringin out to this world; you dont have to be home during the peak holidays season rather travel when your schedule is not so hectic for you (play it by ear)  

Use magic tools Report

Rank: 8Rank: 8

Gold Medal September's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2011-1-11 23:30:19 |Display all floors

the key point is the unrealistic statements would be written into laws.

only excuse after excuse from
Of course I went to hometown every spring festival after graduated. I think almost every one of 1.3 Billion would if they dont struggle for food any more.  But it's not the key point here.

such behavior would be written in laws while many people dont have ability to realize that, either weather or sth esle.

Those policy makers dont know the real daily life of ordinary people. such as one national congress member submitted one proposal  to solve the housing prolem:
20-years-old girls married to 40-years-old men

Use magic tools Report

Rank: 8Rank: 8

Post time 2011-1-11 23:34:00 |Display all floors

employers would have understood...

Originally posted by 468259058 at 2011-1-11 07:25
only excuse after excuse from
Of course I went to hometown every spring festival after graduated. I think almost every one of 1.3 Billion would if they dont struggle for food any more.  But it's  ...



this LAW will protect you just like a doctor note in case you've missed your class in skool...regardless it makes any sense or not but musik to the elderly ears (dont you want this to happen when you're 65 year of age)  

Use magic tools Report

Rank: 4

Post time 2011-1-12 15:13:38 |Display all floors
Originally posted by youknowhat at 2011-1-11 23:11
so far hear only excuse after excuse from folks that dont even try a little to appreciate what their parents have done for em...for bringin out to this world; you dont have to be home during the pe ...



Glad to hear something sensible from you.

You don't sound like you are "playing", or maybe.  I do not know.

Anyway, good observation and good points !
永垂不朽

Use magic tools Report

Rank: 4

Post time 2011-1-12 15:26:24 |Display all floors
Originally posted by 468259058 at 2011-1-11 23:30

the key point is the unrealistic statements would be written into laws.

only excuse after excuse from
Of course I went to hometown every spring festival after graduated. I think almost every one of 1.3 Billion would if they dont struggle for food any more.  But it's  ...



What are the "unrealistic statements" in the law ?

Have you read the law ?  Which statements are unrealistic ?


If I tell you that the law is targeted at the rich Chinese adults who keep er nai, san, si wu liu nais but have no time for their parents, would you object to law ?
永垂不朽

Use magic tools Report

Rank: 4

Post time 2011-1-12 15:35:44 |Display all floors
Originally posted by exportedkiwi at 2011-1-11 12:51
This is ludicrous!  How can people's private lives be legislated against in this way? I understand the Chinese flilial piety concept and it has it's merits but it can't be legislated. It must be hea ...


Oh, really ?

Do you think the law per se (obliging children to visit their parents regularly) is bad ?

If yes, why ?

If no, why not enforce it ?
永垂不朽

Use magic tools Report

Rank: 5Rank: 5

Post time 2011-1-13 13:17:55 |Display all floors
Originally posted by chopsticks11 at 2011-1-12 15:35


Oh, really ?

Do you think the law per se (obliging children to visit their parents regularly) is bad ?

If yes, why ?

If no, why not enforce it ?


It's unique to China I think, this filial piety, but I could be wrong. I do think that a law mandating kids visit their parents is wrong morally. Kids should want to visit their folks, not be made to! If it's that bad, that a law must be enacted, in China, maybe Chinese folks better look at which direction their society is going! As has been mentioned by other forumites, it's not so easy for some people to go and visit their folks because of distant and monetary or work reaons so this law would automatically make otherwise law abiding citizens, criminals. Tell me how that can be right.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.