Author: chinapink81

Who is the next super power? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2010-12-23 20:55:26 |Display all floors

Who is the next super power?

I don't like to use such slogan "Superpower" since such term has been created by western media outlets to bolster the U.S. marketing.

And moreover I suppose no country can gain such hegemonic power, unless do the same as the americans did along the last 200 years: the endless use of sovereign countries' resources that they got through invasions and/or wars against these ones. And this is not the profile of Chinese foreign policy shown throughout its history.

But anyway China will be one of the most powerful countries in this coming new world order. But don't waste time figuring if China will be a copy of current U.S.

It is good that won't be.

It's meaningless to see Chinese troops marching into foreign countries preaching about being superior and bearer of "universal" moral values.

China wouldn't dare to perform such bloomer

Our millenia long history would prevent us of this childish act of affirmation!

[ Last edited by GoChina888 at 2010-12-23 09:01 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-12-24 13:53:01 |Display all floors
Originally posted by Wahahaha at 2010-12-23 14:17

What kind of leader would ALWAYS put his own interest before the team's? A bad one.

It's the prerogative of any nation to invade another based on lies too, but why doesn't anyone do it excep ...

Again you choose to misinterpret my meaning and demonise me for doing so. All countries serve their own interests first. Your nation or mine, or China, or the US are no different. I do get your meaning regarding the "team" and I agree but each player is also an individual, as is each country an individual entity.
With regards to native oppression in my country; that happened way before my time and if you take a look at the NZ of today, the Maori (our natives) are extremely well represented politically and a huge amount has been done to pay restitution to them for past wrongs. I don't deny the past of my country and culpability of my ancestors but I don't accept responsibility for their actions. I do accept responsibility for voting to undo the wrongs of the past and to right past injustices. I hope that clears up this issue for you although why it's an issue for you, I can't imagine.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-12-24 14:22:46 |Display all floors
Originally posted by chinapink81 at 23-12-2010 04:00
Over two centuries of world domination by the West, this unwavering  ‘monachy’ now is trumbling, Once and still branded ‘poor’ and ‘igorant’ by the West as a third world country China, can Ch ...

They were going to let New Zealand be the next super power - problem was when they went there to tell them they found the islands were completely empty of all human life - all they could find were containers full of gumboots (wellies for the Poms) and millions of terrified sheep.

Seems the last ones to leave forgot to turn out the lights...........  

Man created god before god created man
Man created god before god created man and the world has been in turmoil ever since. Dots freak some people out - so they join them with lines that aren't really there.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-12-25 04:58:53 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-12-25 05:17:16 |Display all floors

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-12-25 13:34:37 |Display all floors

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-12-25 13:43:38 |Display all floors

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.