Author: chinapink81

Who is the next super power? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2010-12-23 14:03:19 |Display all floors
Originally posted by greendragon at 2010-12-23 13:42
The Americans only intervene when it best serves it's domestic needs!

Exactly what i am saying!

cheerios!

Green DRagon
Game Master

That's the prerogative of any nation but only the US seems to be demonised for it, kinda unfair huh?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-12-23 14:17:50 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-12-23 15:11:59 |Display all floors

Set Goal

I think the Chinese government is too focused on lifting its population out of poverty at present. The rural
population feel so much resentment because the ever widening gap between rich & poor. As a result,
managing & preventing social unrest is the priority for the central government.  With a population of 1.3
billion to feed, the government has a huge & unenviable task.  Becoming the next superpower should not
be the urgent goal for the leadership.  Helping its poor prosper & becoming a nation of innovation & raise
the standard of living for the whole nation should be the goal.  :)
Watch your thoughts, for they become words.

Use magic tools Report

Gold Medal September's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2010-12-23 19:05:28 |Display all floors
Originally posted by exportedkiwi at 2010-12-23 13:03
What you said is all true but I think we can safely assume that China has learned from the mistakes made by past and present superpowers. I hope that China doesn't repeat those mistakes, or get ...

I read a little materials about the San Men Xia Dam and Sanxia Dam decisions making. Whatever big decisions were made by government leaders, they must have been right decisions. Most of the intellectuals and scientists are going to prove how they are totally right, seldom of them dare to show doubts even if some of decisions are totally wrong from their expertise.

Some social conflits, some of them considered huge human being caused disasters, Culture revolution, Great leap forward(Slogans said that China would overtake the UK and catch up U.S. soon in 1960s.), Former soviet union economic system, LinBiao and JiangQing group crisis are all past or thrown away now. the present Government has learned from the mistakes made by itself since 1949. True or not? Did you read a little introspection? or just the police "Say as little part of them as possible, Don't touch, Let bygones be bygones."

Personally, Now we enjoy a complicated system, North Korea type of politics system combined with the west type of economic system.  Under such system, would another fierce social conflicts, kind of great leap forward or culture revolution, come again? Let alone the real super power.

[ Last edited by 468259058 at 2010-12-24 07:12 AM ]

Use magic tools Report

Gold Medal September's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2010-12-23 19:07:58 |Display all floors
One case:
"Let a few of people rich, and then the rich help the others be rich too." is one of the key polices from 1980's ecnomic system reform
ShenZhens(costal area)  and a few of people did enjoy special economic benefits than other area and many other people  got rich(certainly with their hardwork) by special economic preferential policies. And now goverment did start to balance the polices between hinterland and coastal area.  I think now many people think they are cheated by the government. Did the rich help the others be rich after they turned rich by enjoying preferential policies." We read "Awkward" in Gates and Buffett's charity dinner. We read ridiculous in luxurious market news. We read the money and the power combined news, the rich entreprenur are the largest "People's representitives" other than top gorvenors at all level governments in national Congress, National laws and policies making organization. We read discrimination on People without local "Hukou" in Shenzhen and Guangzhou's government rules and polices. Did you read "gratitude" in reports and internet forums for the sacrifice of other hinterland people by different econmic policies from the people in Guangdong provice and coastal area or discrimination on people in hinterland, Henan province, Sichuan province and others?

One of present government's tasks is to decrease the risk of potential fierce social conflicts, decrease the social unrest and rebuild the trust from the people. I think the urgent major problems of our society are not from outside but inside now. we are better not to indulge ourselves in the fantasy of "super power" but disscuss how to build a real harmonious society.

[ Last edited by 468259058 at 2010-12-24 07:17 AM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-12-23 19:55:11 |Display all floors
Originally posted by exportedkiwi at 2010-12-23 13:37

With the current leadership in Beijing, I agree with you but who's to know who's next and what'll happen.

It is a state policy, it is decided by NPC not only by individual leader.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-12-23 20:18:19 |Display all floors
If growth continues for the next 40 years or so, China is in a very good chance at becoming the next superpower. But it's a way away...

China may look extremely powerful and rich right now, but there's more to be done!

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.