Author: satsu_jin

China May Bar Local Governnments From Forcing People Out of Their Homes [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2010-12-16 18:17:46 |Display all floors
Originally posted by satsu_jin at 2010-12-16 04:21

I'm aware that this is a  China forum. I'm also aware that this is a damned open forum where everybody can post almost everything. Quite unusual for a non-democracy, isn't it?

To make it  ...

All one has to do is look at the information wikileaks released to see that the "western" world isn't perfect or even that honest.

There is far more openness on this forum today than there was in the past and I was here when it was far less "open".... so no need to point it out to me. Just because ones feet begin to hurt doesn't mean their journey is over though, there is still road ahead worth traveling.
----------------
If the situation feels wrong or needs clarification, I try to ask the right questions; in this way the reader decides for themselves the truth of an issue or decides to look for further information on their own. I don't paint sides, I address the topic of the thread.

Use magic tools Report

Gold Medal

Post time 2010-12-16 19:16:25 |Display all floors
Originally posted by cbcronin at 2010-12-16 19:17

1. There is far more openness on this forum today than there was in the past and I was here when it was far less "open".... so no need to point it out to me. Just because ones feet begin to hurt doesn't mean their journey is over though, there is still road ahead worth traveling.
Copy code

I remember this also. Three years ago the forum was strictly controlled. Very different from what we see now.

I know how it feels when the feet hurt and the destination is still far away but I never rush because this leads to backlashes that nobody likes.

1. If the situation feels wrong or needs clarification, I try to ask the right questions; in this way the reader decides for themselves the truth of an issue or decides to look for further information on their own. I don't paint sides, I address the topic of the thread
Copy code

Don't take it personally. You just came across in this thread, that's all.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-12-16 19:45:31 |Display all floors
Originally posted by satsu_jin at 2010-12-16 12:56
China May Bar Local Governnments From Forcing People Out of Their Homes

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-12-16 19:50:01 |Display all floors
"that this is a  China forum. I'm also aware that this is a damned open forum where everybody can post almost everything. Quite unusual for a non-democracy, isn't it? "

Indeed, it is very unusual.  I don't know about other non-democracies, but in China this forum is very rare in its openness- in fact I can't think of other examples.  Presumably this is because this site is in English- I certainly know of no mainland sites in Chinese (even ones not run directly by state agencies) that allow such openness.

Use magic tools Report

Gold Medal

Post time 2010-12-16 20:05:37 |Display all floors
[quote]Originally posted by thepeop at 2010-12-16 20:50
quote]

1. Presumably this is because this site is in English-
Copy code

Could be.

1. I certainly know of no mainland sites in Chinese (even ones not run directly by state agencies) that allow such openness.
Copy code

Foreigners need some room to vent. Tell me, do you know of any foreign site where defending China (vice versa of what happens here) is allowed? Often enough the poster is either banned after the second or third attempt, the post is deleted or, in most cases, the post does not get over the m.od hurdle. Take this also into consideration.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-12-16 20:20:41 |Display all floors
Hmmm... I don't know any forum sites, really, so I couldn't say.  If you're right about venting, though, the equivalent of these pages would presumably be (for example) Chinese-language forums for Chinese people in the west.  And I'd assume that people say whatever they like on there.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-12-16 20:27:16 |Display all floors
OK, I just googled 'China forum' and the first result was something called topix.com.  MY GOD!  The horrendous, meaningless, exchanging of political insults!  It might even have been worse than here!

But anyway, both 'pro' and 'anti' were there.  In full, unpleasant force.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.