Author: REACTIONARY

Extreme right wing media bias Hong Kong [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2010-12-14 20:27:40 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-12-14 20:34:28 |Display all floors
I see everything's the same here as it was before... arguing on this website really is a strange, strange way to waste time.

"Why is China treating this little brat HK with such gentle gloves?"

Good question!  Maybe, instead of talking about government policy on an irrelevant English-language website, you should actually ask members of the government.  You know, write a nice letter, in Chinese of course, to your local Renda representative.  Or go to a petition office to make your case.  If you feel that strongly about this, you could even exercise your consitutional right to protest about it.

PS I see you've already sent emails about it- that's helpful.  But these officials are obviously very busy, and I'm not sure how many of them really understand how emails work... so I recommend trying a petition or a protest.  I'm sure the results will be educational!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-12-21 07:47:43 |Display all floors

HONG KONG MEDIA BIAS

Originally posted by Kbay at 2010-12-14 15:15
After twelve years of the Handover to the Motherland, HK still have not passed the 'Subversive' laws as required by the Basic Laws.

Macau did so over five years ago.

Why is China treating ...

The main land is too soft on HK indeed. I doubt any other country would tolerate such subversion. I'm pretty sure if the situation was reversed and this happened in the u.s., the journalists would end up dead. I don't know why the main land is being so soft, given that a war with the west in inevitable. We might as well do the pre emptive strikes instead of them. Like the americans say, it's either us or them, and I'd much rather it be them. When I was talking about the bias in HK, I was talking about the Cantonese programs, as I don't watch the english news at all. If I want the english news, I'll let Webster Tarpley regurgitate it to me. I wouldn't be surprised if the Cantonese news is completely coming from langley. It just wasnt what I expected before I went to HK. I thought they would have at least some self respect.
Kbay, whats your take on the Taipei media? I haven't paid too much attention to it, but I'm assuming that it's similar to HK.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.