Author: ganzhuolin

Liu Xiaobo wrong man for Nobel Peace Prize, say laureates [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2010-12-16 01:01:11 |Display all floors

Oh, really....?

Originally posted by St_George at 2010-12-15 19:10

They just class him as ' subversive ' thats enough for them to lock him up.

Now, now, let's not get carried away with hatred for the 'dastardly, evil, dirty, repressive, freedom hating commies'.

Here's a quote from NED.org about Liu: "Among his many contributions to the advance of democratic ideas and values in China have been his work as editor of Democratic China magazine (English via GoogleTranslate) for several years until his arrest in 2008, and serving two terms as President of the Independent Chinese PEN Center, from 2003 to 2007. NED is pleased to have been able to provide grant support to both organizations for their activities supporting free inquiry and freedom of expression over the years."

Who or what is NED? Check 'em out.

Liu is a paid foreign agent...would you call that subversive or not...?

[ Last edited by ganzhuolin at 2010-12-16 01:40 AM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-12-16 01:32:46 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-12-16 01:33:25 |Display all floors

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-12-16 12:36:53 |Display all floors
"Liu is a paid foreign agent...would you call that subversive or not...?"

Ganzhuolin- as far as I know, that charge does not appear on the announcement of his sentence.  Colluding with foreign powers is not the crime he was imprisoned for- in fact, I don't think it was even raised at his trial.  You're welcome to show contrary evidence.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-12-16 12:48:21 |Display all floors

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-12-16 13:08:48 |Display all floors
"be like Japan.....not afraid to learn from the west or any where, but do not fall in love with the West"

China's history also suggests it's an even worse idea to fall in love with Russia...

As for Japan- I guess not falling in love with the West worked out quite well up to the point where they invaded Korea and China and declared war on the West.  So, er, best not be TOO like Japan.  Then, after they lost... I guess you might not call it 'love', but they were very close with the West- and they got very rich.

"that Liu Xiao Bo fell in love with the West and he deserves to fail"

Debatable, but you could argue that.  The problem is that's not the government's position.  Their position is:

'Liu Xiao Bo fell in love with the West and he deserves to be in jail'

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-12-16 13:10:25 |Display all floors
"planning to over throw the government is illegal."

Really? Oh no!  I guess someone needs to go back in time and tell Comrade Mao!

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.