Author: imapoof

The Gay Thread [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2010-12-11 19:58:44 |Display all floors
More evidence of homophobic hate crimes being on the rise is in the pipeline.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-12-11 20:03:26 |Display all floors

Hatred in the U.S.

If it's not Russians or Chinese, it's blacks and gays.

If not Muslims, it's Albinos.

Is hatred an American disease?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-12-11 20:03:51 |Display all floors

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-12-11 20:08:08 |Display all floors

Macho in Canada

If only Vancouver construction worker Shawn Woodward, 37, hadn't punched Richard Dowrey because the 62-year-old is gay, he'd be serving much less than the six year prison term a judge just handed down. The March 2009 attack at a gay bar was without provocation and included a slew of anti-gay slurs, a judge ruled, and the lack of remorse proved Woodward was a perfect for for the country's hate crime laws. Dowrey, who was celebrating his retirement, hit the concrete floor and was left with partial amnesia and brain injuries so severe he cannot feed or dress himself. Woodward's attorneys had asked for just a two-year sentence, since the attack was just a way for him to prove how macho he was.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-12-11 20:18:29 |Display all floors

Out of the closet- Boy George

Boy George is a global TV and media personality, as much as he is the frontman of the 80's band Culture Club. His name is synonymous with his brand -- androgyny combined with extreme dress-sense. "His barely concealed homosexuality, though no problem to his many fans, caused considerable comment in the tabloid press." - VH1. The thing that caused more controversy however, was his drug addiction, at one point taunting the media with the statement that he was "your favourite junkie." He was however successfully treated for his dependancy. More recently he has been producing dance mix compilations for the Ministry Of Sound label, often in conjunction with fellow DJ, Pete Tong.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-12-11 20:19:58 |Display all floors

Jodie Foster

Jodie Foster has been making headlines since she was 14 when she appeared as an underage prostitute in the De Niro film Taxi Driver. Since then she's starred in many acclaimed films and has won several awards, including two Oscars. Although there had been rumors about Foster's sexuality for several years, she only finally came out in December 2007, paying tribute to her partner of 14 years, Cydney Bernard, after winning a Women in Entertainment award. Foster and Bernard met on the set of the film Sommersby in 1993 and are raising two boys, ages 9 and 6, in their home in Malibu.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-12-11 20:21:03 |Display all floors

Barney Frank

Member of the U.S. House of Representatives from Massachusetts since 1981, this openly gay politician has pushed for LGBT equality where it counts most: in Washing-ton. Famously witty, he claimed not to be able to comment on the Bill Clinton - Monica Lewinsky scandal because it was "too much about heterosexual sex." Speaking about publicly coming out (in 1987), he said "I'm used to being in the minority. I'm a left-handed gay Jew. I've never felt, automatically, a member of any majority." In 1995 American politician Dick Armey addressed Frank as "Barney Fag" in an interview. Ar-mey apologized, dismissing it as a "mispronunciation". Congressmen Frank refused to accept the apology, and later explained, "I turned to my own expert, my mother, who re-ports that in 59 years of marriage, no one ever introduced her as Elsie Fag."

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.