Author: canada_man

Coronation Street. Brit question. [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2010-12-9 16:31:34 |Display all floors
Originally posted by Kbay at 2010-12-9 14:41
Fook!
Whatever next?

Looking like this Free Fag section is now well, and truly been hijacked and bagged by CD's dumb low IQ gweilos.

What's wrong with the BBC 'tits and diks' forum, yo ...

I saw this show one time.

I wanted a beer in that pub on the Road. that looked great.

It looks interesting a lot more better than Hong Kong I like pub

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-12-9 17:10:22 |Display all floors
Originally posted by exportedkiwi at 2010-12-9 12:50

Yeah, I liked The Bill. I am a fan of the old British comedies really. I recently found "Yes Minister" on DVD here inChina and thoroughly enjoyed seeing it again.

Yes Minister was a brilliant sitcom, a favourite of Margaret Thatcher but all sitcoms have a limited life.

' Corrie ' as it is affectionately known here is still going strong after 50 years and is watched by all classes.  

Even intellectual snobs though they dont like to admit it  

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-12-9 21:14:05 |Display all floors
The Bill and Minister seem maybe interesting. I will check the net for more info. Thx.
jia na da ren

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-12-9 21:56:49 |Display all floors
The stats. - Coronation Street:
1. Brittish - number 1 viewer of Coronation Street.
2. Canadians - number 2 viewer of Coronation Street
jia na da ren

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Glod Medal 2015 Most Popular Member 2012's Best Moderator Medal of honor August's Best Contributor 2012 July's Best Contributor 2012 Gold Medal

Post time 2011-1-6 04:58:43 |Display all floors

First Chinese Actor

Corrie to get new Chinese resident
Coronation Street is to get its first ever Chinese resident, reports claim.

Nineteen-year-old college graduate Xin will hit the cobbles as a pal of Tina McIntyre.

According to the Sun, she works at a Chinese restaurant and takeaway and moves in with Tina and boyfriend Graeme Proctor into the flat that they rent from Dev Alahan.

Xin will reportedly be popular with Corrie residents for her ability to recognise them from what they order at the takeaway, but will also bring some darks secrets onto the street.

A show source told the newspaper: "Manchester has a big Chinatown and it's a crime that Corrie bosses have ignored it for so long. They hope Xin becomes a big character and that a whole family can be introduced."

The soap's last Chinese character was chippy owner Mr Wong, who was written out in December 2005.

Chao Ren VFP
Rovers.jpg

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-2-27 01:58:19 |Display all floors
good

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.