Author: timbatu

Western News Group-attack China over WikiLeaks [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2010-12-5 09:46:46 |Display all floors
Originally posted by canuto at 2010-12-5 09:44
Figured it out yet?

I heard there are also cables about Israeli politicians. But I may be incorrect.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-12-5 09:48:12 |Display all floors
Originally posted by timbatu at 2010-12-5 09:45

Ok, I apologize.

No prob, Timmy.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-12-5 09:49:17 |Display all floors
Originally posted by timbatu at 2010-12-5 09:46

I heard there are also cables about Israeli politicians. But I may be incorrect.

Well, Netanyahu is very happy with what WikiLeaks is doing.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-12-5 10:08:36 |Display all floors
The most "harmonious news group" ever is those who follow the leader xinhua on a nation-wide scale.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-12-5 13:25:09 |Display all floors
Originally posted by Vespucci at 2010-12-5 10:08
The most "harmonious news group" ever is those who follow the leader xinhua on a nation-wide scale.

The Western media is NOT FREE. They are puppets or political tools. Only fools can ignore the mountain of evidences.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-12-5 13:30:58 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-12-5 21:51:10 |Display all floors
US based hackers are continuing their distributed denial of service attacks, and the official pressure from political leaders to evict the Wikileaks files from other servers isn't letting up, either.

The Senate Homeland Security Committee, led by Sen. Joe Lieberman (I-Conn), successfully pushed Amazon.com to kick WikiLeaks off its servers on Wednesday. Some commentators were quick to criticize Lieberman's involvement as stepping over the line of his authority in an effort to squash free speech. [color="red"]Salon's Glenn Greenwald likened the senator to a "Chinese dictator."

Amazon Web Services, which doesn't pre-screen customers who use their servers, claimed that the company wasn't bowing to political pressure. WikiLeaks, the company said, was removed because it violated terms of service by posting documents that it "doesn't own or otherwise control all the rights to."

But WikiLeaks isn't buying the explanation and offered its own thoughts over Twitter: "Amazon's press release does not accord with the facts on public record. It is one thing to be cowardly. Another to lie about it."

Of course, the New York Times and other news organizations, have posted some of the documents obtained by WikiLeaks on their sites and haven't faced the same government pressure. WikiLeaks, in possession of 250,000 cables, has actually only published a small percentage of them so far.

Ebay's funding tool Paypal pulled the plug on WikiLeaks.

I remember, not long ago, the shameless US company was lecturing China on internet freedom.

The tale of racist bias and how the bigots cannot see the obvious.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.