Author: BingSilk

Obama uses gunboat diplomacy on North Korea and CHina [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2010-11-30 16:59:47 |Display all floors

OP IS A FAGGOT

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-11-30 17:34:22 |Display all floors
Originally posted by mengyinliuyong at 2010-11-29 20:08

Finally, I should admit that China suffered great lossed in the war against Vietnam.But I have to make it clear that we won that war!  

I think Vietnam (and much of the world) would say that China did NOT win that war.  The goal of a war is not to kill and destroy as much property as possible - if it was, I would agree that due to the "scorched earth" policy of China, they did win.  The goal of the Sino-Vietnam war for China was to force Vietnam out of Cambodia.  Since China did NOT achieve that goal, they did not win that war.

Likewise,despite the fact that North Vietnam suffered much more loss of life and property during the US-Vietnam war,  few would say that the US won that war since they did not achieve their objective of  preventing communism from spreading from North Vietnam to South Vietnam....

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-11-30 17:43:40 |Display all floors
Originally posted by mengyinliuyong at 2010-11-29 20:08

First of all, it was ROK who fired guns at the controversial waters in regardless of  the repeated warinings of DPRK. So at least ROK  is partially responsible for the conflict, although the reaction of DPRK  was a little too harsh.

Secondly, it is apparent that the main aim of the US-ROK joint drill is to overawe China, not DPRK. That's why we Chinese are so nervous about that.  The incident of the sunken warship "Cheonan" and the recently fire-exchange have offfered good excuses for US to take a serious of hostile actions toward China...

ROK fired guns HARMLESSLY into the ocean during well announced drills.  DPRK fired artillary and rockets onto South Korean land killing both soldiers and innocent civilians.  Note that the US DID NOT participate in that first military drill partly due to China's concern about the drill.  The US participated in the SECOND drill (ending tomorrow) only because China did nothing to reign in their "spoiled child" North Korea.....

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-11-30 18:06:34 |Display all floors
Originally posted by BingSilk at 26-11-2010 05:49
Obama uses gunboat diplomacy with North Korea and China

2010-11-25    President Obama made a clever strategic move after a North Korean rocket attack killed two civilians and two soldiers Tuesda ...

Dejavu Vietnam - Gulf of Tonkin.

Just love the way those Yankee morons are striving to get their nose bloodied all the time.

They dare to provoke China when the whole world has seen that they could not even defeat the already broken and obselete military of Iraq and even worse cannot defeat the pathetically poorly armed Taliban freedom fighters. Imagine what will happen to these big mouthed fools if they really provoke the sleeping dragon......

I think we could be sure they would cry like little girls if there sick and twisted homeland came under attack like they have attacked others................ cowards and faggots all............ big mouths and B52s will not save them from a serious butt kicking at the hands of the mighty PLA and DPRK. (oh that's right we already did that to them before didn't we)

The wolf is your shepherd
Man created god before god created man and the world has been in turmoil ever since. Dots freak some people out - so they join them with lines that aren't really there.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-11-30 19:02:26 |Display all floors
Originally posted by coykiesaol at 2010-11-30 16:53
Obama will make the situation worse by his gunboat diplomacy, can't they come up with some peaceful method?As childish as N.K.

I am afraid that what Obama wants is to make things worse so that he can 'fish in the troubled water'.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-11-30 19:10:32 |Display all floors
Originally posted by mark069 at 2010-11-30 17:43

ROK fired guns HARMLESSLY into the ocean during well announced drills.  DPRK fired artillary and rockets onto South Korean land killing both soldiers and innocent civilians.  Not ...

If China fire guided missles HARMLESSLY into the  Gulf of Mexico,  will US stay calm?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-11-30 19:10:56 |Display all floors
South Korea and North Korea should sit down, agree on their borders, and negotiate peace.

And US&China should stay out of it. At least not send warships to the region right now.

Just my 5 cents.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.