Views: 4974|Replies: 9

India to deploy 36,000 extra troops on Chinese border [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2010-11-24 15:12:11 |Display all floors
India has formed two new army divisions - comprising more than 36,000 men - to defend the north-eastern state of Arunachal Pradesh.

The remote north-eastern state adjoins China which claims large parts of it.

The 56th Division will be based in the nearby state of Nagaland to guard the eastern flank of Arunachal Pradesh from Chinese attack through Burma.

The other new formation, the 71st Division, will be based in Assam to protect central Arunachal Pradesh.

There has been no response so far from China to the decision.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-11-24 15:41:04 |Display all floors
I really don't understand why some Indians think China is a threat.

In real life, I have never heard any Chinese I know that has negative opinion about India. Actually, most of them like India and Indian culture, though we don't have many opportunity to meet Indian people in  person. The only Indian I know is the yoga teacher in my former fitness center. He was a nice and friendly guy.

[ Last edited by NE_Tigress at 2010-11-24 03:47 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-11-24 17:53:20 |Display all floors
Originally posted by NE_Tigress at 2010-11-24 15:41
I really don't understand why some Indians think China is a threat.

In real life, I have never heard any Chinese I know that has negative opinion about India. Actually, most of them like India  ...

It get along well with powerful former colonists,but it can't stand up with a powerful China. It's because India is very self-abased just like Japan.Founded at almost the same time as the new China, India now lags far behind China in terms of economy or international influence. That's what India feel uncomfortble with. It is afraid of people saying: Oh, the Indians are inferior to the Chinese. Besides, it's defeat in the 1950's war alse woren its impression of China.
   PS:I don't understand why China give up the territory it had occupied during the war and let it taken by India. I am really diappointed with Chairman Mao.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-11-24 19:26:22 |Display all floors

China, India to hold talks on border issues

China and India will hold a meeting between their special representatives on border issues on Nov 29-30, a foreign ministry spokesman said here Tuesday.

Chinese State Councilor Dai Bingguo and Indian National Security Adviser Shiv Shankar Menon will attend the 14th boundary talk, the spokesman Hong Lei told a regular briefing.

China and India share about 2,000 km of border and it has never been formally delimited. The two began to discuss border issues in the 1980s. To maintain peace and stability in the border area, two agreements in 1993 and 1996 were signed respectively.

In 2003, the heads of the two countries designated special representatives for demarcation work.

In 2005, China and India signed a political guideline on demarcation during Premier Wen Jiabao's visit to India. The two countries also announced a strategic cooperative partnership.

The last boundary talk was held last year in New Deli, where the two sides agreed to push forward the framework of the talk process and make common efforts to keep peace and calm in their border areas.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-11-24 19:58:29 |Display all floors
Each time ahead of talks on border issues,  India did a same punch

Will this move be helpful to Negotiation?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-11-25 12:03:08 |Display all floors

Reply #2 NE_Tigress's post

You might have to do a MASSIVE MIND map of the Elite Indian Ruling classes thinking to understand!
It might seem odd now, but it's perfectly logical in their calculations!

cheerios!

Green DRagon
Game Master

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-11-25 23:15:24 |Display all floors

Why China gave back the territory?

Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.