Author: cindy1225

Will China be a strong competitor in global arms trade? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2010-11-25 11:01:38 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-11-25 11:56:30 |Display all floors

I think China is only interested to s-e-ll weapons

.......to Cambodia, Myanmar, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, Pakistan, Sechelles, Maldives, Persia, Sudan, Mozambique, Zambia, Malawi, Angola, Venezuela,and Nigeria!

At very competitive prices, to showcase China's weapon cost effective arsenal!

ha ha ha

Cheerios!

Green DRagon
Game Master

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-11-25 15:14:19 |Display all floors
Originally posted by magnetic1974 at 2010-11-25 11:01
Mengyingliuyong mind is still  colonial mentality. Chinese was first people who invented the gun powder, rocket,  compass, papper and so  on..............

China is aleady catching up with the US ...

But it was the Westerners who invented machinegun, aircraft, modern rocket(actually,I do not think the ancient Chinese rockets are real 'rockets'-------they are merely flying squibs!) , GPS and so on.
It's true that we catching up with the US------but only in certain fields,like missle systerm, which took us dozens of years and countless money.
You mentioned the Dongfeng missile, saying it would be a killer weapon to US aircraft carriers.But as we all know, the aircraft carrier never comes alone but with an entire fleet! I don't think the Dongfeng missle can penetrate through the fleet's defence systerm easily.
Besides, the arm forces of US is a united systerm. You attack one battle ship, you attack the whole US navy. I am afraid we can't defeat US navy just by some high-tech missles.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-11-25 20:31:05 |Display all floors

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-11-25 21:15:19 |Display all floors
Originally posted by magnetic1974 at 2010-11-25 20:31
You need to do more research on history. Chinese invented the rocket, so the westerner, Japanese and Russian came to China and stole the technology and they makes it better. Flying squibs that the  ...

Well, I did not deny the fact that the Chinese people made a lot of inventations(except 'rocket',I still hold my original opinion). However, that didn't mean  we have the right to deny all the great inventions and scientific breakthoughs the Westerners have made. Classical Mechanics by Newton,Classical Electromagnetics by Maxwell, Statistical Mechanics by Gibbs and so on. If Mr magnetic1974 desires, I can make the list much longer. They are the people who determined what our world would look like today. Besids, they are all purebred whites.

With respect to the millitary power of China, I still bear the view in my mind that China, as a developing country, has little chance in defeating US. Mr magnetic1974 keeps talking about the Chinese missles which are very good even in my opinion  But we can't just win a war by launghing missles, can we?
How about the J-10 fighters? They are one generation behind the F-16s and we still have to by their engines from Russia. How about submarines?  We bought twelveKilo class submarines fromn Russia.
OK,you may say that as long as the Russian s, everything will be all right.Then how about soldiers and officers? There are only 71.8% of Chinese military officiers with a college degree(God knows how they get it) while the number is 100% in US army and 98%  in Russia army. Do you think it a good idea that we  buy army officiers from Russia  when we want to wage a war against the USA?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-11-25 22:50:55 |Display all floors

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-11-26 11:56:18 |Display all floors

Reply #20 magnetic1974's post

Well Educated people, those who understands the pro and cons of war, battle doctrines, probably are not as effective compared to high school graduates! You need to go a bit NUTS to go around chopping up your enemy in ancient times with a sword, spear, arrow, hammer.....or in today go charging with a machine gun blazing!

ha ha ha

Cheerios!

Green DRagon
Game Master

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.