Author: ziggy_wz

Why the PRC does not allow people to have a double nationality? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2010-12-9 00:19:57 |Display all floors
Dumb troll China bashing middlearsehole

yes, these other countries all have their own personal reasons for not allowing dual citizenship. And I wrote China's reason for it. Simply stating facts, you can hurl abuse at me if you want, but that still doesn't change facts.

A lot of asian countries are still quite racist with their policies at the end of the day, probably why a lot of asian countries still don't allow it. (I'll wait for the replies to that little fact as well! :)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-12-9 14:22:59 |Display all floors
I was once reading something about overseas Chinese in south east Asia. according to many of the articles on this topic, the people in south East asia were very suspicous about the loyalty of the ethnic Chinese in those countries, due to policies of the kuo min tang before 1949. In order to improve the bilateral relations with those countries,  the prc tried to solve the issue of dual nationality  that many of those ethnic Chinese till the early 1950's had in this region.
So maybe it also has to do with foreing policy, as the Chinese constitution says that the government is also reponsible for all overseas Chinese, (and as there are so many of them ) especially in south east Asia, due to historical suspicion, they might accuse the PRC of intermingling in their domestic affairs if all those people still have Chinese citisinship.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-12-12 11:10:28 |Display all floors
it is jus due to make a steady environment to develope economy and enchance the sense of identification with our country.
As a centuries-old country , China has its own social culture and belief .If we accept a double nationality ,it is difficult to control the security.Find yourself which country you belong to ,and then dedicate yourself to build your motherland.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-12-17 08:36:49 |Display all floors
As a centuries-old country , China has its own social culture and belief .If we accept a double nationality ,it is difficult to control the security.Find yourself which country you belong to ,and then dedicate yourself to build your motherland.

So if a Chinese adapts American citizenship, he loses his social culture and beliefe? I don't think so. Also, in terms of security, I don't see any advantage if you forbid double citizenship: you can force soldiers to have only one nationality, but as you know, there will always be spies.

I would never dedicate myself to build any country - I build myself. So currently, my assistant is Chinese, as he is well-educated, knows Chinese culture and knows how to deal with things in China.
My education I do in Europe, because universities are heavily subsidied by governments here (I pay less tuition than I paid in China for a leading university here) so I profit.

Even in the future, I want to invest much more in China, as salaries are much lower there - why should I only build up things in Europe, just because my passport says I'm Swiss? Why should I serve a country instead of myself? Sorry, but this is just not how the world works
So did you dedicate yourself to build China? Do you give all the money you earn and you don't absoluetely need for living back to the government?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-12-21 08:16:11 |Display all floors
ive met alot of Chinese who have migrated to other countries, and also people who want to do it. most of them are corrupted with very distorted views and lack moral value. i can see why mult citizenship is not allowed. i also happen to think its a wise decision. the Chinese gov is already being very generous in even granting tourist visas to traitors who have migrated. i;ll go even one step further and restrict the movement hong kongers and taiwanese to go to the main land. its quite insane how much hongers bad mouth the main land, yet theyre allowed to walk in and out of the main land whenever they choose. on the flip side, i would say that Pakistanis are more worthy of being in China than most of these Chinese-americans, or hongers.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.