Author: ziggy_wz

Why the PRC does not allow people to have a double nationality? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2010-11-26 08:44:17 |Display all floors
Well, Chinese citizenship should be given to someone who is willing to be with his/her countryman whatever happens.

I don't want to see some guys who have dual nationalities declare they are Chinese proudly when China is flouring and flee to other countries once some thing bad happens in China.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-11-26 21:13:04 |Display all floors

double nationality?

Just imagine the situation faced by this double nationality person if the two countries he/she is a citizen of declares war with each other.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-11-29 15:05:53 |Display all floors
Opinion  :  Oversea Chinese

For the Chinese people, who were born in China,

and later in thiers life for some reason left China (thiers Home)

and settle in another Nation, taking up the green cards of thiers new Home,

they are then called Oversea Chinese.

Thiers off springs, Citizen of the Nation they are born in (not born in China),

are no more Chinese (Citizen of China), cannot call themself Oversea Chinese.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-12-2 04:07:50 |Display all floors
One of  the main reasons is the question of loyalty. If you have dual nationality you tend to have divided loyalty. So make up
your mind and take your choice. PRC is a great country .

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-12-2 18:43:04 |Display all floors
Now it seem that the so called Oversea Chinese is also

part of the Jewish communities (diasporas) ?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-12-2 23:44:03 |Display all floors
The answer to this one is simple. It goes way back to the revolution and the formation of the Communist Party.

You're either in or you're out. You're either dedicated to the cause or you're a traitor. No foreign influences allowed.

That was the mindset back then and all the way through to about the late 1980s, even all the way up until 2000 there was still traces of that mindset, and I'm sure even today there is that mindset amongst the hardcore commies still floating around the place.

Yes, you're not branded a "traitor" any more if you leave the country, but the old policy still stands.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-12-4 02:08:14 |Display all floors
@Alex: What about those whose loyalty isn't with any country? Personally, I can't say I want to absolutely be citizen of a specific country... certain citizenships have certain advantages, that's all. I wouldn't like to be Chinese citizen (unless I could be double citizen) because it's hard for Chinese to get visa and I like travelling. I also don't wanna be American citizen due to their weird tax policies - once you make some money, the IRS hunts you down no matter where you are on this planet. I know two guys who gave up their american citizenship for that reason (they were double citizens).
European citizenship is annoying, too, as the governments keep telling you what you have to do and track any step you take.
That's why I figured the only solution to my problem is to RULE THE WORLD xD

Anyway, I would like to be born in Italy, then I'd have such a cool family name^^

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.