Author: 468259058

Chinese reporter Rui Chenggang at G20 steals show and slammed [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2010-11-19 22:33:34 |Display all floors
Wow,for once I agree with ilea.Hell just froze over...
Patria est ubicunque bene/Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-11-19 22:39:11 |Display all floors
You seem to feel intimidated by the little Rui Chenggang.

I have seen our prime ministers being confronted with countless far more impolite or rude questions from western journalists, but we haven't complained, nor our prime ministers. Because it is indeed their job to answer the journalists' questions.

BTW, Rui did ask SK journalists to allow him ask a question.

Personally I don't like this Rui Chenggang very much, but I don't see anything wrong with his way of asking Obama the question.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-11-19 22:39:11 |Display all floors
Originally posted by ilearnabc at 2010-11-19 22:31
Rui is arrogant and ignorant. During an interview,  instead of apologisng for the faux pas, he tried to sidestep the question whether he has the right to represent Asian people with feeble argument ...

mhh, the nature of this utterly complete agreement with you that I find myself in,
is a bit too harmonious

I need to dig something out that I can argue against you on.
您买象牙 - 您杀了大象!
http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNjU1Nzg0NDky.html - “用现代文明标准比划中国人,是严重的种族歧视行为。”
„Ich ficke wo, wen, und wann ich will, hast du mich verstanden. Auch du könntest ficken, aber du kannst es ja gar nicht, deine deutsche Genauigkeit... verbietet es dir“. Jean-Claude Juncker

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-11-19 22:46:27 |Display all floors

Reply #9 NE_Tigress's post

I am just refering you to ilea.....
您买象牙 - 您杀了大象!
http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNjU1Nzg0NDky.html - “用现代文明标准比划中国人,是严重的种族歧视行为。”
„Ich ficke wo, wen, und wann ich will, hast du mich verstanden. Auch du könntest ficken, aber du kannst es ja gar nicht, deine deutsche Genauigkeit... verbietet es dir“. Jean-Claude Juncker

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-11-19 22:49:47 |Display all floors
Originally posted by NE_Tigress at 2010-11-19 22:39
..BTW, Rui did ask SK journalists to allow him ask a question.

Personally I don't like this Rui Chenggang very much, but I don't see anything wrong with his way of asking Obama the question.  

Few people has the objection for letting him ask Obama the question.

The crux is the word-represent he framed was faux pax. Needless to mention about numerous other Asian people such as Indians, Japanese,  Thais, etc, how come can he stand for Asian people without any authorisation?  I was represented unwittingly. So did numerous Asian people.

Why couldn't he say "As an Asian journalist, ..."?    I can forgive him if it was just the slip of tongue at the time, but he has a lot of gall claiming his remarks were appropriate.  That really grossed me out.

[ Last edited by ilearnabc at 2010-11-19 10:54 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-11-19 22:54:51 |Display all floors
Originally posted by NE_Tigress at 2010-11-19 22:39
You seem to feel intimidated by the little Rui Chenggang.

I have seen our prime ministers being confronted with countless far more impolite or rude questions from western journalists, but we hav ...

At the most, he meant "represent" the Asian press corps. It has nothing to do with representing all the Asian people.
Blame no one, blame the long-suppressed grievances and distrust on anything that dare to show or call itself as authority.
We are all prisoners of our own device.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-11-19 22:58:17 |Display all floors
Obama clearly said one last question by the host.How can a non-Korean journalist dare to ask?
Patria est ubicunque bene/Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.