Views: 6462|Replies: 8

Indian wormwood herb(lou hao) [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2010-11-17 16:16:53 |Display all floors
My hometown ,on the north bank of  the Yangtze River,is a historical and cultural city.Here,there is a typicle local dish that is called stir-frying tender shoots of Indian wormwood herb(  lou hao) with bacon.The cooked dish ,looking like jade green,is delicious and crispy with delicate fragrance .
According to Traditional Chinese medicine,the properties of Indian wormwood herb(lou hao) are promoting appetite,promoting metabolism of fluid,activating blood to eliminate stagnation.
Indian wormwood herb(lou hao) is a perennial herb.Its latin name reads as follows:Artemisia selengensis Turcz.ex Bess.

[ Last edited by lidehuai at 2010-11-20 02:11 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-11-20 01:30:48 |Display all floors
Originally posted by lidehuai at 2010-11-17 16:16
My hometown ,on the north bank of  the Yangtze River,is a historical and cultural city.Here,there is a typicle local dish that is called stir-frying tender shoots of Indian wormword herb(  lou hao) ...

Artemisia spp also quite common in Canada but we have no selengensis.

You mean to say wormwood - not wormword.
jia na da ren

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-11-20 14:09:17 |Display all floors

reply to canada-man

Thank you for reading my article and correcting my mistake.wormword should be written in wormwood.It grows in the  waterside.Its edible parts are leaves and tender stems.

[ Last edited by lidehuai at 2010-11-21 10:43 AM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-11-22 11:57:14 |Display all floors
Originally posted by lidehuai at 2010-11-20 14:09
Thank you for reading my article and correcting my mistake.wormword should be written in wormwood.It grows in the  waterside.Its edible parts are leaves and tender stems.

Your very welcome  

My jobwork and 1 of my personal interests is flora and fauna and environment. That's why I interewsted in your post. Thx.

You are lucky cz China has so many Natural Regions with such a diversity of plants/herbs.

Good luck!
jia na da ren

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-11-22 13:56:01 |Display all floors
Originally posted by canada_man at 2010-11-22 11:57

Your very welcome  

My jobwork and 1 of my personal interests is flora and fauna and environment. That's why I interewsted in your post. Thx.

You are lucky cz ...

thank you for reading my article again.I am glad that we have common interests .I was engaged in the work of traditional Chinese medicine for forty-odd years and now I am a retired worker.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-11-22 17:48:35 |Display all floors
Originally posted by lidehuai at 2010-11-22 13:56

thank you for reading my article again.I am glad that we have common interests .I was engaged in the work of traditional Chinese medicine for forty-odd years and now I am a retired worker.

You are very much a treasure person to know.
After 40 odd years in ur profession, u r probably an expert.

I not that many years but i very experienced in botany. ecology and environment.. It is not my job. It is my career / occupation and i love it.

Question for you: do u know of the "camu camu berry"? It is classified as the Super Food / Holistic medicine.

Please advise. Thx.
jia na da ren

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-11-23 13:59:36 |Display all floors

reply to canada-man

You overpraised me.Considering my age,I am lacking in knowledge.So far as I know ,Camu camu berry is not  traditional Chinese medicine .I didn't know of it until  I look up Google .Camu camu (Myrciaria dubia) grows naturally in the Amazon rainforest which has 30 times as much vitamin C as orange.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.