Author: NE_Tigress

Death toll of Shanghai fire climbs to 53 [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2010-11-16 20:39:19 |Display all floors
Originally posted by LCSULLA at 2010-11-16 21:17

My new place has smoke detectors and sprinklers in all rooms.

But I doubt such installations would do it in an incident as the described one.

The "Firedoors" to the staircases,  ...

Wooden or not, a sad expression would be appropriate. After all, many people died. Perhaps it gives you joy …a sad J. Wayne you're.  

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-11-16 20:40:01 |Display all floors
My condolences go to the families and friends of those lost their lives and juries during this disaster.

May the deceased rest in peace!

I think life is so unexpected, and fagile. We could lost our friends, family members who we just met overnight.

I would like to cherish my life, and friendship more than I was used to.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-11-16 21:00:02 |Display all floors
White chrysanthemum flowers are laid at the ground of the burned residential building in Shanghai, east China, Nov. 16, 2010. The death toll of a big fire that engulfed the high-rise building in downtown Shanghai had risen to 53 by 9:30 a.m. Tuesday, local authorities said. (Xinhua)
13609316_11n.jpg

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-11-16 21:06:18 |Display all floors
parachutes.....anybody living high enough should own one.
Patria est ubicunque bene/Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-11-16 21:10:03 |Display all floors
I remember to have seen a window escape chute in Singapore (a long tube which are shot out and reach until the ground). Person will slowly slide down in it.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-11-16 21:35:40 |Display all floors
Originally posted by shameless at 2010-11-16 20:39

Wooden or not, a sad expression would be appropriate. After all, many people died. Perhaps it gives you joy …a sad J. Wayne you're.  

With mentioned odd details,
and likeable shabby implementation of other safety measures,
Locked emergency doors outside business hours of operations and offices on lower floors,
(some even during), I will not give myself similar odds in case of emergency as I'd back in europe in similar situation.
Either way I expect myself a slightly lowered statistical life expectency from being in china.

Life's a 100 per cent terminal desease, deal with it.
My best wishes for survivors and condelences for those left behind.
您买象牙 - 您杀了大象!
http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNjU1Nzg0NDky.html - “用现代文明标准比划中国人,是严重的种族歧视行为。”
„Ich ficke wo, wen, und wann ich will, hast du mich verstanden. Auch du könntest ficken, aber du kannst es ja gar nicht, deine deutsche Genauigkeit... verbietet es dir“. Jean-Claude Juncker

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-11-16 21:36:25 |Display all floors
wonder what could have triggered the filter
您买象牙 - 您杀了大象!
http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNjU1Nzg0NDky.html - “用现代文明标准比划中国人,是严重的种族歧视行为。”
„Ich ficke wo, wen, und wann ich will, hast du mich verstanden. Auch du könntest ficken, aber du kannst es ja gar nicht, deine deutsche Genauigkeit... verbietet es dir“. Jean-Claude Juncker

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.