Author: cindy1225

Christian woman receives death sentence for blasphemy [Copy link] 中文

Rank: 8Rank: 8

Post time 2010-11-12 19:32:04 |Display all floors
Originally posted by JFenix at 2010-11-12 19:18
ilearn, it's crazy to base laws on any religion. You know this.  To give out a death sentence for blasphemy?   As an atheist, don't you see as more than crazy?  What century are we living in here? ...



Then, why were your presidents always sworn in with Bible?

Don't you agree with the saying- When in Rome, do as the Romans do?

Everyone should abide to the laws of a country, where they live in. Why are you always in attempt to shove your American values down to other people's throats? This is a multi-cultural world, which requires tolerance and respect to other people's beliefs, values, cultures, etc.

A lesson to learn for people, though I'd say it is sad to read the story.

[ Last edited by ilearnabc at 2010-11-12 07:34 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

Rank: 8Rank: 8

Post time 2010-11-12 19:34:38 |Display all floors
Originally posted by ilearnabc at 12-11-2010 21:14
The sentence must be made at  the hest of her God, who is supposed to be omnipotent!



She should consider herself lucky - she will get to achieve her religious ideal - spending an eternity with her beloved god - I wonder if she were asked would she like to go to god or live for another 40 years what would she choose? Faith has limits.........

Face the Future With Dignity.
Man created god before god created man and the world has been in turmoil ever since. Dots freak some people out - so they join them with lines that aren't really there.

Use magic tools Report

Rank: 8Rank: 8

Post time 2010-11-12 19:36:55 |Display all floors
Originally posted by ilearnabc at 12-11-2010 21:32



Then, why were your presidents always sworn in with Bible?

Don't you agree with the saying- When in Rome, do as the Romans do?

Everyone should abide to the laws of a coun ...



- Australias Prime Minister Julia Gillard took her oath of office with her hand on the bi-bull - yet she says she does not believe in god   ?  Go figure.......... :)

The Wolf is Your Shepherd
Man created god before god created man and the world has been in turmoil ever since. Dots freak some people out - so they join them with lines that aren't really there.

Use magic tools Report

Rank: 5Rank: 5

Post time 2010-11-12 22:26:36 |Display all floors
Originally posted by LCSULLA at 2010-11-12 19:25


You sure she knows and/or understands the concept of sarcasm?
Patria est ubicunque bene/Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Use magic tools Report

Rank: 5Rank: 5

Post time 2010-11-13 00:41:10 |Display all floors
Originally posted by ilearnabc at 2010-11-12 19:32

Don't you agree with the saying- When in Rome, do as the Romans do?

Everyone should abide to the laws of a coun ...


We're not talking about immigrants or foreigners here.  That woman is a pakistani.  There are christian minorities throughout the ME and south asia.  
Their populations have dwindled for centuries now, but they do indeed belong there.  These christian groups are older than lslam.  So, what are you talking about shoving multiculturalism?

And we are talking about the DEATH sentence here.  Do you agree with laws that put people to death for blasphemy?

Use magic tools Report

Rank: 8Rank: 8

Post time 2010-11-13 00:56:53 |Display all floors
Originally posted by JFenix at 2010-11-13 00:41

We're not talking about immigrants or foreigners here.  That woman is a pakistani.  There are christian minorities throughout the ME and south asia.  
Their populations have dwindled for centuries now, but they do indeed belong there.  These christian groups are older than lslam.  So, what are you talking about shoving multiculturalism?

And we are talking about the DEATH sentence here.  Do you agree with laws that put people to death for blasphemy?


Whether I agree with it or not doesn't matter at all. No matter she is a Pakistani or not, she should abide to the laws of the country where she lives in.

When it comes to religious issues, it's always a pain in the neck of Pakistani and Indian people. Due to that, former India was separated into India and Pakistan by Brits with ulterior motive. The woman, as a native pakistani, obviously know how sacred the Quran is to the majority of Pakistani people, but  still made devil-may-care remarks against the other people. She should face the outcome.

Neither you Americans nor we Chinese, nor other so-called human rights activists have right to interfere into the independence of a country's jurisdiction.

[ Last edited by ilearnabc at 2010-11-13 01:16 AM ]

Use magic tools Report

Rank: 8Rank: 8

Post time 2010-11-13 01:23:15 |Display all floors
Originally posted by JFenix at 2010-11-12 19:18
ilearn, it's crazy to base laws on any religion.  You know this.  To give out a death sentence for blasphemy?   As an atheist, don't you see as more than crazy?  What century are we living in here? ...


Fenny, why don't you make a challenge to Pope, who is most revered by Westen politicans? Vatic*an is a typical theocracy.

British national athem is God save  the Queen.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.