Author: cindy1225

Foreign visitors banned from taking tours of Big Ben [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2010-11-11 10:56:44 |Display all floors

Freedoms lost. When Security Under Threat.

When will people understand China?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-11-11 14:32:00 |Display all floors
It's a bad news for me.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-11-11 22:15:17 |Display all floors
why the british  government have different treatment for  between foreigner and their local citizen ?  the
security  problem also may take place  in their own citizen .    if  the government  want to  solve  that problem .
it should keep any people include thier local citizen not to close  to the BIg Ben .

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-11-11 22:16:30 |Display all floors
I also don't really think they can apply this rules to EU citizens... to be frank, I believe it is even questionable whether they can apply it to non-Eu foreigners according to European law.

Of course, it's very common that important buildings are protected well, sometimes even closed up. In China, for instance, it's not even possible to visit the parliament buildings for natives, not to say for foreigners. I even had to hide in the car when some Chinese soldiers drove me to their base to have a beer there

But I still believe in Franklin's saying: "Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither" and therefore strongly condemn such a policy, if England really gets through with it. Terrorists won once more, obviously. Personally, I am really striken by this decision, as I consider London to be one of the world's most beautiful cities, yet never had time to visit the city's central part and westminster palace. I used to think I could do so next summer, but obviously, it's not gonna work out again. Disappointed...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-11-12 01:43:29 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-11-12 03:03:54 |Display all floors

big ben

big ben is not the clock, it is the bloody great bell inside,

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-11-14 02:21:07 |Display all floors
NOT FAIR ...  why their own citizens can visit there ?>>>>>>>>>>

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.