Author: cindy1225

New Disneyland Project Launched in Shanghai [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2010-11-8 17:11:57 |Display all floors
Disneyland project in China--bad idea.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-11-8 18:53:44 |Display all floors
I remember this phrase from a french movie that criticized the global culture sht:

"We all will finish our days with a mouse-ear cap on the head in their dumb-parks"

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-11-8 23:15:41 |Display all floors
Visited the park in Paris years ago.....I agree with Kbay on that, won't be too successful
Patria est ubicunque bene/Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-11-9 09:08:00 |Display all floors
China has more animatable characters out of her rich history and folklore than all the disneyworlds.  Why not do a national high-tech theme park on her own? It's just technology and marketing.  If really big, she can add the cartoon characters from the rest of the world and make it into a world theme park.

Indeed it's a waste of money.  People queue up, get their arms stamped and walk in only to find another long queue for every ride. By the time they are ready to take it, half the day's gone.  The problem is the royalty.  For the obscene sums paid, there is no satisfaction for the young ones.  It is a shame the disney management doesn't care.  Success breeds its own failure.

A national theme park can be managed better. Online ticketing with scheduled rides.  Since each ride is mechanically programmed for a fixed time, one can work out the schedule for rides allotted.  Then the customer can line up around the day and time for the ride. There should be a buffer - if the person doesn't turn up, the next in line if present gets onto it.  This means the schedule may be off a bit - but it is still better than long queues, unproductive time and frayed nerves.  Especially during hot and cold seasons.  Disney hongkong must have been a bad experience.  Why repeat it senselessly?

There comes a time when one should see clearly that all that is foreign needn't be always good;  there are many wonders within one's heritage which if given a proper shine add-on technical virtuosity can bring to fresh life appreciative experiences.  Expand culture with technology and pride.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-11-10 01:45:22 |Display all floors
I went to Hong Kong Disneyland only once.

It is rather small and empty of visitors.

I really can't see how they can make a profit there.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-11-10 09:07:34 |Display all floors
disneyland or no disneyland, i miss my Motherland.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-11-10 20:11:10 |Display all floors

A good move at least for now!

In my opinion, to have Disneyland here in Shanghai is profitable both in money and in spirit. More jobs will be created from the very construction to the full operation. Then people needn't cover a long way with much more money to see such man-made things. What's more, by seeing such imaginary things, the viewers, especially the children, may get some inspiration about the world around, which may result in some more miracles for life.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.