Views: 3188|Replies: 6

US' C-130J for India technologically stripped of 5 systems [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2010-11-1 08:47:39 |Display all floors
US strips IAF plane
india-today-28-oct-o-ber2010

But there is something amiss. The contract document, a copy of which is with Headlines Today, reveals five specific pieces of high-end equipment, that the US has stripped from the aircraft, being sold to India. This is a direct consequence of New Delhi's reluctance to enter into a contentious technology inter- operability agreement with Washington.

The equipment kept off the Indian aircraft includes its advanced communications equipment. The equipment includes the AN/ ARC- 222 SINCGARS combat net radio, the KV- 119 Identify Friend- Foe digital transponder, the TACTERM/ANDVT high frequency secure voice terminal, the VINSON KY- 58 secure voice module and parts of the Rockwell- Collins AN/ ARC-210(V) SATCOM transceiver.

The equipment facilitates secure, encrypted communication - facilities that would be deeply useful in covert or special forces operations. Such operations form the secondary mission profile ascribed to the C-130J in India.

The US has refused to fit these items on the Indian C-130J fleet unless India enters into a bilateral pact that the Indian military leadership is deeply suspicious about. It is called CISMOA - short for communications inter- operability and security memorandum of agreement.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-11-1 08:51:26 |Display all floors
An extreme view is that fitting advanced communications gear on Indian aircraft, and having them governed by an agreement like CISMOA, would allow the US remote power over the equipment through satellite- relayed " kill switches" that could render equipment unusable, not to mention leaving doors open to electronic espionage.

But the IAF put on a brave face.

"The government had asked for our opinion.... It [ not getting the equipment] will not make any substantial difference to our operational capability," Air Chief Marshal P. V. Naik said A section of the IAF, however, believes that if India is resolved to deepen its ties with the US, then agreements like CISMOA are simply enablers of more nuanced, meaningful exchanges in operational theatres. For now though, the armed forces are sceptical.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-11-1 09:04:03 |Display all floors

China building capability is the right way to go

for weapon systems...

even "democracy" cannot trust another "democracy"

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-11-1 09:04:56 |Display all floors

manoj10 should be disappointed, by at least 40%

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-11-16 23:31:09 |Display all floors
Patria est ubicunque bene/Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-11-16 23:33:10 |Display all floors
But how India synchronize their weapon system?

One lot bought from the US, the other from Russia.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-11-17 07:42:47 |Display all floors
Originally posted by matthew5_3 at 2010-10-31 17:04
manoj10 should be disappointed, by at least 40%

It's so sad, I mean I told brother Manoj here that we (China) offered to help them out with the technical difficulties involved in the development of the LCA but he refused the offer on the basis of national pride.  I mean Man!!! The human pride and ego, it's biggest than all of us put together!!!

I mean just imagine, Manoj, a sino-Indian joint venture based on friendly and neighborly terms exactly as how we did it with our other South Asian brother Pakistanis as follow   Flash: http://slide.mil.news.sina.com.cn/slide_8_16642_5920.html#p=1 ...  I mean pride the Pakistanis take in  their JF, it's simply outta this world Man!!!  This could be you as well Manoj...

Now, consider also the next generation of same to debut in no time flat ...  I mean doesn't that strike shock and awe in you, Mr. Manoj??? Now, Mr. Manoj, what I am proposing here is this: a joint Chinese-Indian venture, say on your LCA that'll put even your PAK-FA packing ... And by Golly, the term LCA-hindus-sinensis have this ring to it, too, don't you agree?

Now, all jokes aside and on to your C-130, we go Mr. Manoj: Why C-130 when you have the Y-9   Flash: http://www.chnqiang.com/article/2010/1115/mil_32247.shtml  which also will send the C-130 packing? After all, we won't place any restrictions on the kinds of an appointment you are permitted to have on it.  We give it the finest that money can buy -- free -- as a package -- in a one lump sum deal, and you can still use it against us Chinese too if you so wishs, so why buy Jurassic designs such as Hercules?   

Be smart, Mr. manoj. This offer is only on for one more day. After midnight, the price will climb another 10%... Appreciation of the value of the RMB being the culprit so don't say I didn't warn you about the hike in price...

Putin's a killer. This was the claim made by Fox News journalist; Bill O'Reilly during his recent interview with Donald Trump. Trump's reply came in the form of a simple question. What, you think our country's so innocent?

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.