Views: 1323|Replies: 6

Quagmire Afghanistan [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2010-10-28 05:23:39 |Display all floors
Once again we find out how the USA has lied and back-flipped on a deal.

The former leader of the Soviet Union, Mikhail Gorbachev, has warned Nato that victory in Afghanistan is "impossible".
Mr Gorbachev said that the US had no alternative but to withdraw its forces if it wanted to avoid another Vietnam.
As Soviet leader, he pulled his troops out of Afghanistan more than 20 years ago after a 10-year war.
UK Foreign Secretary William Hague said troops would not be withdrawn from the country until their "very difficult" work was complete.
In an interview with the BBC's Moscow correspondent Steve Rosenberg, Mr Gorbachev praised President Barack Obama for his decision to begin withdrawing troops next year, but said the US would struggle to get out of the situation.
"Victory is impossible in Afghanistan. Obama is right to pull the troops out. No matter how difficult it will be," Mr Gorbachev said
He said before the Soviet Union withdrew from Afghanistan, an agreement had been reached with Iran, India, Pakistan and the US.
"We had hoped America would abide by the agreement that we reached that Afghanistan should be a neutral, democratic country, that would have good relations with its neighbours and with both the US and the USSR.
"The Americans always said they supported this, but at the same time they were training militants - the same ones who today are terrorising Afghanistan and more and more of Pakistan," Mr Gorbachev said.
Because of this, it would be more difficult for the US to get out of the situation.

Oh what a sticky web we weave when we practice to deceive.
Man created god before god created man and the world has been in turmoil ever since. Dots freak some people out - so they join them with lines that aren't really there.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-10-28 06:13:36 |Display all floors
So whose side are you on here?  Who do you want to 'win' control of afghanistan?  The monsters we made to counter the soviets or a new government?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-10-28 06:27:17 |Display all floors
Originally posted by JFenix at 2010-10-28 06:13
So whose side are you on here?  Who do you want to 'win' control of afghanistan?  The monsters we made to counter the soviets or a new government?

wow this Afghan war originally was started by the false search for Bin Laden, then it was to bring white imposed democrasy and freedom to Afghan women, next it was to counter the so-called taliban insurgency, meanwhile the Wackenhut branch of the C.I.A are harvesting more opium to flood the world whilst giving their partners in crime the coordinates and times of official NATO troop positions supposedly coming to destroy their crops, the Skull&Bones bosses are making a killing at the expense of stupid soldiers who think that they are doing worthwhile job, the more of these idiots that get killed and maimed then the better, I was having a good laugh today at some stupid appeal for maimed and blinded british soldiers, another charity parasite org. well if they have no problem going out killing innocent women and children then I have no problem with them comming back in pieces, the Christians seem to forget one of their own proverbs, live by the sword, Die by the sword. Justice.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-10-28 06:28:37 |Display all floors
Originally posted by JFenix at 28-10-2010 08:13

My side.

I see Afghanistan as no concern of zionist USA or Russia - all should leave Afghanistan to the Afghans to sort out.

USA invaded Iraq and created nothing but problems - all because they wanted regime change to some arselicking puppets same thing in Afghanistan.

USA stuck in its nose when Russia invaded - trained and supplied Taliban - then invaded to force regime change to more arselicking puppet.

All get out and leave Afghans to sort out their own country.

Taliban did not blow up WTC - so why use as excuse to invade?

And again JF you seem to miss the point of the post.

The picture has been painted red - but under the red is black evil.

The Wolf is Your Shepherd
Man created god before god created man and the world has been in turmoil ever since. Dots freak some people out - so they join them with lines that aren't really there.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-11-4 22:40:50 |Display all floors

Another 600 billion

War needs money, and the U.S. needs to print another $600 billion to keep dracula in business.

The Afghan war will destroy the U.S. economy in another 5 years. China needs to dump U.S. T-bonds faster, please.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-11-4 22:50:52 |Display all floors

Reply #5 baofeng's post

how come you're allowed to post and I ain't?
The Brotherhood of Knights of the Mystic Sea

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-11-5 03:05:37 |Display all floors
Originally posted by kongque at 2010-10-28 06:28
USA stuck in its nose when Russia invaded - trained and supplied Taliban - then invaded to force regime change to more arselicking puppet....

CIA worked in tandem with Pak to create Taliban

LONDON: The Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) worked in tandem with Pakistan to create the "monster" that is today Afghanistan's ruling Taliban, a leading US expert on South Asia said here.

"I warned them that we were creating a monster," Selig Harrison from the Woodrow Wilson International Centre for Scholars said at the conference here last week on "Terrorism and Regional Security: Managing the Challenges in Asia."

Harrison said: "The CIA made a historic mistake in encouraging Islamic groups from all over the world to come to Afghanistan." The US provided $3 billion for building up these Islamic groups, and it accepted Pakistan's demand that they should decide how this money should be spent, Harrison said.

Harrison, who spoke before the Taliban assault on the Buddha statues was launched, told the gathering of security experts that he had meetings with CIA leaders at the time when Islamic forces were being strengthened in Afghanistan. "They told me these people were fanatical, and the more fierce they were the more fiercely they would fight the Soviets," he said. "I warned them that we were creating a monster."

===============================================================================================================

Well we can't go back and undo the past.

I'm guessing you are cool then with the afghans getting stuck with these monsters?

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.