Author: goodhuaiyi

How can you make your child love reading [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2010-10-27 17:19:29 |Display all floors
If your child is already 10 years old, it is a little late, but you can still try.
My children are 12 and 15, and they absolutely love reading. What I did was this: From their earliest ages, I sat down with them and read books to them. At bedtime, I told them stories or also read books to them. So they grew up with the experience that books contain an entire interesting world, and that reading is something beautiful.
I have to admit that it takes time, an hour every day for years.
But now, when I send my children into their room at night, usually they read by themselves before sleeping.

As with computers and other gadgets, we all know that too much is bad, but you may need to enforce your view.
When one day the permitted computer time of my son had elapsed, I told him three times to shut down his PC. Then I simply cut the electricity, so all his game status was lost. Effect #1: son went angry. Effect #2: Son now listens to me.

Good luck!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-10-28 09:21:49 |Display all floors
Hi Mengyingbo, you are really a good parent. If I were you , the same thing would happen him . It's indeed not an easy thing to bring up a child.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-10-29 16:32:28 |Display all floors
what kind of reading would you like your child to do? english? current affairs? or texts?~~~ all in all, interest is the key.
make Impprovements of my  English skills everyday!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-10-30 04:08:28 |Display all floors
Originally posted by Wedy123 at 2010-10-28 09:21
[...]. It's indeed not an easy thing to bring up a child.

Hello Wedy123, I think it is not too difficult, although bringing up a child requires devotion and sometimes gives you trouble, sure. But as the children grow, you grow with your tasks. When my wife was pregnant, I asked myself whether I was mature enough for having a child. But after child #1 was there, I never asked that question again, 'cause I was too busy

Children don't need much, only two things in my opinion: 1) the feeling that they are loved unconditionally, and 2) that you give them direction and limits, especially when they are small. If you don't teach them at age 2 that they cannot have everything which they see, you will never teach them, and they will never learn. So be self-conscious and determined.

As with reading books (the original subject of this thread), I have always loved it, and reading a book to my children reminded me of my own childhood, so I enjoyed it as much as they did.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-10-30 12:42:53 |Display all floors
Originally posted by mengyingbo at 2010-10-30 04:08

Hello Wedy123, I think it is not too difficult, although bringing up a child requires devotion and sometimes gives you trouble, sure. But as the children grow, you grow with your tasks. When my w ...

Yes, it is not too difficult ,because the strength of love is strong,with it any difficulty can be overcomed. .

What children need , For the question, Before  I did't give much thought, but I think what you said is right.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-10-30 12:59:24 |Display all floors
Originally posted by goodhuaiyi at 2010-10-25 06:01
I am a mother with a child of 10 years old. How can I make my child love reading?

it is a habbit ,my parents never push me to read,but I love it.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-11-5 16:17:18 |Display all floors
I loved to read books besause there was nothing for me to do when i was a child.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.