Views: 5375|Replies: 15

Foreign forces must not interfere in Tibetan Buddhism affairs: government [Copy link] 中文

Gold Medal

Post time 2010-10-11 09:08:25 |Display all floors

A right step in the right direction

The Chinese government issued a document on religious affairs on Friday which states that foreign forces are not allowed to interfere or dominate temple affairs relating to Tibetan Buddhism.

This document, called "Management Measures for Tibetan Buddhism", says that no individual or organization is permitted to utilize religion to engage in activities that undermine social order, impair the health of citizens or interfere with the educational system of the state.

The feudal and religious priority that has been abolished and affiliation between temples must not be allowed to resume.

The document also calls for the legal rights of clergies and religious faculties to be protected.

The measures will be implemented on November 1.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-10-11 10:08:23 |Display all floors
Originally posted by satsu_jin at 2010-10-11 09:08

This document, called "Management Measures for Tibetan Buddhism", says that no individual or organization is permitted to utilize religion to engage in activities that undermine social order, impair the health of citizens or interfere with the educational system of the state...

I think there was an error of omission in the article.

"says that no individual or organization (with the exception of the Party) is permitted to utilize religion to engage in activities...."

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-10-11 10:09:12 |Display all floors
Originally posted by satsu_jin at 2010-10-11 09:08

This document, called "Management Measures for Tbtan Buddhism", says that no individual or organization is permitted to utilize religion to engage in activities that undermine social order, impair the health of citizens or interfere with the educational system of the state...

"says that no individual or organization (with the exception of the Party) is permitted to utilize religion to engage in activities...."

Use magic tools Report

Gold Medal

Post time 2010-10-11 10:42:24 |Display all floors
Originally posted by peteraa at 2010-10-11 11:09

"says that no individual or organization (with the exception of the Party) is permitted to utilize religion to engage in activitie ...

It talks about foreigners. It looks like you have a reading problem.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-10-11 11:28:33 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-10-13 18:49:49 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked
"My way or Guantanamo Bay"

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-10-15 03:32:08 |Display all floors
I never understood why westerners are so fascinated with tibet, xinjiang, or anything else that they think can be used as leverage against China.  

I bet if I dressed up like a tibetan and told seneca to drink my piss because it would make the Lama happy and create instability in China, he would do it.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.