Author: voice_cd

Liu Xiaobo's Nobel Peace Prize could harm China-Norway ties [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2010-10-8 22:34:05 |Display all floors

Chuckle, chuckle, chuckle....!

Originally posted by voice_cd at 2010-10-8 22:13
Awarding the Nobel Peace Prize to China's Liu Xiaobo desecrated the prize and could harm China-Norway ties, said Chinese Foreign Ministry spokesman Ma Zhaoxu on Friday.

Ma made the remarks in a  ...

What's all this foofaraw about....?

It was inevitable that something like this was going to happen, Especially after Obama was given the same prize last year. In view of all the questions raised about that award does anyone there in the west REALLY believe that Obama deserved the prize? Do the people in the west still regard that prize the same way they once did?  Folks I know, even those with differing politics, were frowning at that. Does that prize have the same cachet it once had? I wonder....

Personally, to me the integrity of that particular prize was badly compromised by that Obama award, especially since after Obama has been showing that he's just as much a warmonger as Bush was.

Liu has been awarded a cheapened prize! I suppose it makes sense. The west has always treated China that way. Why should the Nobel committee be any different? Of all the Nobel Prizes, let's give the cheapest one to the Chinese...!

The Nobel Peace prize has always been a political prize and in today's political atmosphere it's just another way to try and exert pressure on China. And it will backfire. Here's a quote from the BBC's Martin Patience: "In the weeks leading up to this announcement, Beijing was very strong on its statements. It said that Liu Xiaobo was not a suitable candidate. Beijing regards him as a criminal and said the award could damage relations between China and Norway.

Many Chinese people will see this as an attack by the West on what they stand for and certainly many nationalists will see this as an example of the West trying to demonise China.

The statement of the Nobel Peace Prize committee will not get a lot of traction with ordinary people. The authorities have very effectively given him no publicity whatsoever."

The 2nd paragraph is bang on! The likely result is that it now guarantees that the current political system in China will remain for years more and the CCP in power for the next 50, if not, 100 years. And for the Chinese people, given the way the government is now performing, that's a blessing in disguise! (Poster Timbatu might well be right!)

Personally I believe that the Nobel committee were "advised" to give Obama the prize last year. It would be his reward for toeing the line, and continuing the status quo. The same powers that be also "advised" the Nobel committee to give Liu the prize this year. It would be to embarrass the Chinese and bring them round to toeing the line....the western way....

And it will backfire....not because of the Chinese government but because of the Chinese people....!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-10-8 22:38:49 |Display all floors

Who is Liu Bobo?

QUOTE:Originally posted by satsu_jin at 2010-10-8 17:27

Bobo is a strong proponent of colonialism. He wanted China to be at least 300 years under colonial rule. I quote

In a 1988 interview with Hong Kong's Liberation Monthly (now known as Open Magazine), Liu replied to a question on what it would take for China to realize a true historical transformation: "(It would take) 300 years of colonialism. In 100 years of colonialism, Hong Kong has changed to what we see today. With China being so big, of course it would take 300 years of colonialism for it to be able to change to how Hong Kong is today. I have my doubts as to whether 300 years would be enough   unquote

This is the kind of people the west likes and this is how they would like China to be. ...

Use magic tools Report

Medal Medal of honor Gold Medal July's Best Writer 2012 October's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2010-10-8 22:39:45 |Display all floors

Good post Ganzhoulin ...........

And well stated ..........   

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-10-8 22:43:15 |Display all floors
Originally posted by siberian at 2010-10-8 22:38
The interesting thing about Nobel Peace Prize is that although it is just as prestigious as others such as Nobel Physics, Nobel Economics etc, some governments do not want their citizens to get it. ... Congratulations to PR of China who is now on par with ...Myanmar!  

I am pleased to see that Myanmar has not killed 2 million people in Iraq and Afg. The West needs freedom of information.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-10-8 22:47:32 |Display all floors
Originally posted by timbatu at 2010-10-8 23:59
I do not think China cares about her tie with the non-nation called Norway.

I think the Chinese government is in a win-win situation on this.

The Chinese majority will buy into the CPC view t ...

you thought Rio Tinto was based in Australia

when you said "racist Australia blocks China deal with Rio Tinto"

you also showed absolutely no understanding of the true nature of money and corruption

you also failed to say a single word about the billionaire Chinese involved

did you?
(beast ex machina)

Use magic tools Report

Medal Medal of honor Gold Medal July's Best Writer 2012 October's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2010-10-8 22:48:04 |Display all floors

And the west .........

So dreadfully bankrupt of potential nominees ...........

That is a story in itself ..........   

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-10-8 22:48:31 |Display all floors

that is because (timbo)

#1 you are thick as two short planks

#2 you have an agenda

possibly you have planks and agenda
(beast ex machina)

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.