Views: 3476|Replies: 12

Smoking Chimp Dies [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2010-10-7 11:53:02 |Display all floors
In news that will undoubtedly evoke an outpouring of emotion, I need to report (from newspaper):

'Charlie the Smoking Chimp' dies from old age

A chimpanzee which became addicted to smoking cigarettes has died from old age having managed to live at least 10 years longer than most chimps.

'Charlie the Smoking Chimp' was famous for his habit, picked up from visitors to his South African zoo, of smoking lit cigarettes.

But the zoo announced that the ape had finally died, aged 52. Most chimpanzees live to around 40.

Qondile Khedama, a spokesman for Mangaung Zoo, said Charlie was only an 'occasional smoker', but had none the less become famous around the world for the habit.

She explained that although the zoo discouraged the practice, the ape obtained cigarettes from visitors who would throw lit cigarettes to him through his bars.

Ms Khedama explained that Charlie had recently been receiving special care, including a special diet of protein shakes and vitamin and mineral supplements.

Ms Khedama said she did not know whether the ape's bad smoking habit contributed to his demise and that post mortem to determine the exact cause of death would take place soon.

The chimpanzee had learnt that he was not supposed to smoke, he would try and hide the habit from his zookeepers.

Charlie is thought to have picked up the smoking habit when he worked in an American circus. It has been speculated that he was taught the trick to entertain circus-goers.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-10-7 11:54:52 |Display all floors

Photo of Charlie

It was the evil yanks that did it.

Put him on the road to ruin.

Can anyone see a familial resemblance to another poster?  
smokingchimp.jpg

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-10-7 13:28:42 |Display all floors

NO! NOT ALEX!

Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked
"My way or Guantanamo Bay"

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-10-7 13:33:28 |Display all floors
Originally posted by Baiquen at 2010-10-7 13:28
He was so young

Calm down.
That Monkey was in his 50s.
Alex is still around two decades younger.
He'll be fine.
We'll see after 1700.
您买象牙 - 您杀了大象!
http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNjU1Nzg0NDky.html - “用现代文明标准比划中国人,是严重的种族歧视行为。”
„Ich ficke wo, wen, und wann ich will, hast du mich verstanden. Auch du könntest ficken, aber du kannst es ja gar nicht, deine deutsche Genauigkeit... verbietet es dir“. Jean-Claude Juncker

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-10-7 13:34:32 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked
"My way or Guantanamo Bay"

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-10-7 13:35:23 |Display all floors
Originally posted by Baiquen at 2010-10-7 13:34

Damn, got my hopes up for nothing

您买象牙 - 您杀了大象!
http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNjU1Nzg0NDky.html - “用现代文明标准比划中国人,是严重的种族歧视行为。”
„Ich ficke wo, wen, und wann ich will, hast du mich verstanden. Auch du könntest ficken, aber du kannst es ja gar nicht, deine deutsche Genauigkeit... verbietet es dir“. Jean-Claude Juncker

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-10-7 13:57:53 |Display all floors

Braunschirt

I had hoped Braunschirt had been sacked like Darrel Coleman.It was disappointing to know it was
someone else.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.