Author: 1584austin

WHY DO PEOPLE EVERYWHERE NOT TRUST CHINESE? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2010-11-30 14:11:55 |Display all floors
Originally posted by Restorer at 2010-11-1 20:32
As an American living in China I can tell you why, and it has nothing to do with the west, and everything to do with Chinese people. It has to do with their fast and loose morality, their short ter ...

Ah, but you see, some here will blame the Chinese "fast and loose morality" amongst all their other ills, on the west and especially you, me, seneca, wowzers and a few others who live in China, have done so for a number of years, have many many "normal" Chinese friends and actually probably contribute far more economically to the development of China than those here who decry our rather tiny influence on matters, here in China, beyond the classroom. Didn't you know that our Chinese forumites, or those or claim to be and constantly harangue the west, are perfect in every conceivable way?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-11-30 18:16:44 |Display all floors
Who says we don´t trust the chinese ? The media? I think it´s hard to trust people these days when life is all about money and getting more of it. But that same goes for americans, the french, russians, nigerians, argentinians etc..

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-11-30 21:27:33 |Display all floors

WHY DO PEOPLE EVERYWHERE NOT TRUST CHINESE?

If it´s true, how to explain that China is one of the main site for world business today?!

Just because the foreigners are fell in love by the Chinese "blue eyes"?

[ Last edited by ChinaBrazil at 2010-11-30 09:28 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-11-30 23:00:55 |Display all floors

labor as in slave...

Originally posted by ChinaBrazil at 2010-11-30 05:27
If it´s true, how to explain that China is one of the main site for world business today?!

Just because the foreigners are fell in love by the Chinese "blue eyes"?

the same for india & viet nam  

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-12-1 00:01:50 |Display all floors
I don't trust Chinese more or less than any other nationals...

However, in business, I'm more careful in China than in Europe. This is just because Chinese businesses aren't as professional as Europeans or Americans yet, they often still hide things, bribe and so on (which, of course, they have to in China) and, as China is poor many are trying to scam money, so when doing business with Chinese, I always wanna see the people's face before I sign a contract.

But this has nothing to do with Chinese people, just with China as a country (where the rule of law isn't so developed yet).

I think this is your misperception: you feel, people don't trust Chinese - but they just don't trust Chinese law system in China. The law system in, say, Hongkong is very trustworthy and Chinese abroad are very good immigrants who obey the law.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-12-1 00:04:59 |Display all floors
Originally posted by Everynowhere at 2010-12-1 00:01
and Chinese abroad are very good immigrants who obey the law.  

the Guy in Paris shooting someone with an illegal gun, sparking demonstrations by chinese against french police detaining him, for example.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-12-1 01:50:34 |Display all floors
the Guy in Paris shooting someone with an illegal gun, sparking demonstrations by chinese against french police detaining him, for example.

You shouldn't focuse on single cases - there are idiots everywhere. Better look at the statistics... In Switzerland, for instance, Chinese migrants are less often hurting the law than most other immigrants (including immigrants from the EU). For whole Europe I haven't found statistics and the EU statistics year books are in my other appartment. Maybe someone else here has some data about this?

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.