Author: expatter

Two child traffickers sentenced to death ............ [Copy link] 中文

Medal Medal of honor Gold Medal July's Best Writer 2012 October's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2010-9-28 18:07:02 |Display all floors
Originally posted by seneca at 2010-9-28 17:22
They certainly deserve punishment but their punishment need not be the death penalty. What does that do for them, for the kids and for the parents?
For every two kidnappers taken out of commiss ...

First of all, I respect that you have your own beliefs on this topic, but I would like to add the following ...........

but their punishment need not be the death penalty.
For every two kidnappers taken out of commission you will find at least 3 new recruits.

That may be true and the same could be true if you just jail these people, and maybe even double the number of perpetrators .........

That is not a one way argument ........................

I fail to see any gain or forward movement with this idea  .....................

If you cling to that old-fashioned belief that the threat of getting killed for a crime deters people from committing crimes then I wonder why so many other crimes go unpunished, and often so with the authorities looking the wrong way?

Now sadly you go back to sweeping generalizations ................

Will you ever stick to the facts ...........

And if you need to introduce something new or wider then at least contribute some evidence and not just hearsay ...........

Use magic tools Report

Medal Medal of honor Gold Medal July's Best Writer 2012 October's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2010-9-28 18:13:49 |Display all floors
Originally posted by Alex2010 at 2010-9-28 17:24
I consider life penalty in a real prison(not the holiday resorts style German prisons) a heavier punishment than a bullet. Way too fast.
........................................................................................

The cost of keeping someone in prison for their natural life is a negative and cruel thing ........

A losing situation .........

This wasted money would be better spent on education and health especially for the rural poor ........

On top of that once a perpetrator has been despatched his parts can be harvested to help the living ...........

Things such as heart, lungs, kidneys and eyes ...............

The remaining parts of the carcass should be donated to the local zoo as animal feed ..........

A win-win situation ...............

A bit like a good dump ............

Flush the toilet afterwards ................  

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-9-28 20:26:55 |Display all floors

Reply #10 expatter's post

Has been my argument earlier as well,

has been a chinese advocte of death penalty (in europe),
who told me that the cost of death penalty is actually higher,
and not just in US.....
您买象牙 - 您杀了大象!
http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNjU1Nzg0NDky.html - “用现代文明标准比划中国人,是严重的种族歧视行为。”
„Ich ficke wo, wen, und wann ich will, hast du mich verstanden. Auch du könntest ficken, aber du kannst es ja gar nicht, deine deutsche Genauigkeit... verbietet es dir“. Jean-Claude Juncker

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-9-28 20:30:01 |Display all floors
Originally posted by LCSULLA at 2010-9-28 20:26
Has been my argument earlier as well,

has been a chinese advocte of death penalty (in europe),
who told me that the cost of death penalty is actually higher,
and not just in US.....

How is the cost for death penalty higher? Just a bullet....the wage for the guards/executers and they can even harverst organs......
Patria est ubicunque bene/Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-9-28 20:53:04 |Display all floors
Originally posted by Alex2010 at 2010-9-28 20:30

How is the cost for death penalty higher? Just a bullet....the wage for the guards/executers and they can even harverst organs......

Opportunity Costs.....
您买象牙 - 您杀了大象!
http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNjU1Nzg0NDky.html - “用现代文明标准比划中国人,是严重的种族歧视行为。”
„Ich ficke wo, wen, und wann ich will, hast du mich verstanden. Auch du könntest ficken, aber du kannst es ja gar nicht, deine deutsche Genauigkeit... verbietet es dir“. Jean-Claude Juncker

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-9-28 20:54:43 |Display all floors
Originally posted by LCSULLA at 2010-9-28 20:53

Opportunity Costs.....

implying the guy being in prison for his whole life would be producitve????
Patria est ubicunque bene/Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-9-28 20:58:11 |Display all floors
The death penalty had been an effective instrument of all kinds of absolute despots (Emperors, Kings, etc.)

to keep their people in fear to deter any kinds of protests, uprise and revolts.

I thought China (and others) have left those dark times behind ?

I thought civilized people will succeed over barbarism ?

Maybe we have still a long way to go.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.