Views: 3815|Replies: 5

@@PLAN finished negotiation for license production of TU-22M3 Backfire@@ [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2010-9-27 02:49:15 |Display all floors
ht-tp://blog.sina.com.cn/s/blog_48f1a6f30100lcro.html?tj=1

Told you so, edison boy, PLAN is not satisfied with lowly, slowly H-6K bomber.
That project H-6K is self funded by Xian itself.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-9-27 04:33:09 |Display all floors

Reply #1 antimatter's post

You bitter, sorry a**ed, SOB you...

I could have uploaded that fable a month ago if I wanted to but I didn't because it's all a bunch envious Russian crap.  I mean the Russians are so bitter about China's ability at cracking the J-11 code and start  building the J-11B that they start b*tchin' about the RD-93 and now they're making up all of this fairy tale about the Tu-22 craps because the Chinese H-6 is proving in every aspect as good or even better than that of the Backfire and even the old Lancer frame?

Anyway, that Tu-22 speculation had been around for well near two years or ever since the Peace Mission 2000 Sino-Rusky joint military exercise of '08 when Putin tried to unload it to us Chinese but was turned down because the Backfire was late 60's and 70's technology which was inferior to even the H-6K program which was still a highly classified program.  That was the reason the Tu-22 was rejected.

Also, the H-8/10 is probably in the finalization stages making the Tu-22/B-1  and the H-6 frames obsolete and history so go figure where your Tu-22 fits in.

[ Last edited by edisonone at 2010-9-26 01:06 PM ]
Putin's a killer. This was the claim made by Fox News journalist; Bill O'Reilly during his recent interview with Donald Trump. Trump's reply came in the form of a simple question. What, you think our country's so innocent?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-9-27 11:59:30 |Display all floors

Reply #2 edisonone's post

I think Strategic Bombers makes the TRIAD nuclear delivery system viable!

ha ha ha

The Navy, Air Force and the long range MISSILES makes the triad!

ha ha ha

Something like a long range J-11 or TU-22 works as well!
The next line of thought, "mind map" game, i reckon would be CIVIL DEFENSE preparations!

ha ha ha

Green DRagon
Game Master

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-9-28 01:10:19 |Display all floors

Reply #3 greendragon's post

The strategic bombers, i.e., the Tu-22 and the B-1, are Jurassic items in an age where high technology precision guided long range ballistic missiles/ICBM's armed with MIRV warheads and, potentially, the prospective space based systems known as assassin mace is concerned.

For this reason, the B-1 actually was ordered into retirement last year. Recently however, an article in Space Daily suggested that instead that it will be refurbished and turned into an air launch cruise missile platform for Boeing's newest cruise missile exactly as how the newer H-6 airframes namely the the H-6M/K &H has been transformed into an air launch platform.

The role of the Tu-22 and B-1 as a nuke strike bomber is long gone.  It went by the wayside exactly as how the once mighty and majestic B-58 (a super design) which streaks across the sky at more than Mach 2, too, went by the wayside.

I mean seriously, if as has been proven as to how we (China) can knock a ballistic missile which is speeding across the sky at 10 to 20 times the speed of sound along its mid course trajectory, what chance does a Tu-22 or the B-1 whose maximum altitude speed is at a mere Mach 1.35 for one and Mach 1.42 for another? None what so ever!

Therefore, The Tu-22 and the B-1 will fare no differently from that of the newer H-6M/K & H air frames.  In fact, the air frame itself, however awesome it looks from the outside is not what a strategic asset is all about. It is what's inside that matters and, the latter are claimed meet or beat the former two in every aspect of its intended objectives...

But, the F-CK-1 however is a totally different can of worm: Once it get shipped and off loaded in Haiphong, Man!!! Will we Chinese ever be deep and troubled waters...

Putin's a killer. This was the claim made by Fox News journalist; Bill O'Reilly during his recent interview with Donald Trump. Trump's reply came in the form of a simple question. What, you think our country's so innocent?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-9-28 01:19:07 |Display all floors

Tu-22 and B-1 as a nuke strike bomber

it will be refurbished and turned into an air launch cruise missile platform

The cruise missiles can still carry nuclear warheads

Tu-22 must be able to detect on-coming missiles and evade it... agility is important

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-9-29 01:40:47 |Display all floors

Reply #5 matthew5_3's post

by my accounts, the mandatory equipment against sam's and aam's of all ranges and this applies to [all up-to-date military aircrafts], to include china, russia, usa, you name it, are flairs designed to mess/trick the heat seekers of the missiles targeting them... however, with top rated military's such as china, russia, the u.s.a, i suppose france and such as well, i've read that these have what's known as electromagnetic pulse gadgets which when activated toasts the vital components inside a hostile missile heading towards it hence rendering it pointless.

[ Last edited by edisonone at 2010-9-28 09:42 AM ]

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.