Author: scs_blog

Double standards [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2010-9-22 20:11:04 |Display all floors

Reply #35 Alex2010's post

Alex

I am sad that satsu_jin left -- he is actually German, not Japanese as I recall.

I don't kno how much you know of Japan, but the insanity of Shintoism is alive and well -- not generally within the greater population but in pockets, here and there and it is strong in certain Japanese business circles!

The fact is they are strong enough to have a major impact on Japanese politics because of their power!

You see these throw-backs of vengeful Imperialist nuts throughout Hawaii, San Diego and wherever else they flock together -- they are haughty, abusive of regular ordinary Chinese and American people on a day-by-day basis and they are thugs!

They need to have their faces bashed-in! But the general population of Japan is just as appalled and embarrassed by their behavior as the rest of us are angry at them for the treatment we have received at their hands. However, I am not a angry at the Japanese people who, by and far, have treated me with great respect, courtesy and genuine affection, but I reckon I am better traveled than most of the folks posting on these boards and have more personal experience to draw on.
The Brotherhood of Knights of the Mystic Sea

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-9-22 20:19:55 |Display all floors
We all need to take our anger and direct it more precisely at the few jerks who are responsible and be kinder to each other as a whole because most of the people of the world, regardless of race or national origin, really just want to get along with each other, prosper and live in peace -- we are all wrangled by those in power with careless self-serving egos and inhumane behavior!

That I had to be on the receiving end of relentless ribbing and personal abuse while traveling and living in Europe (with the great exception of England) has left me a good bit unwilling to embrace the Europeans -- though I have also received great respect, care, concern and genuine affection from many of them, including the French, the Germans, the Swiss and the Italians!

I have had to deal with nasty-minded people in China as well, nearly on a daily basis. The population being so large and dense on the eastern seaboard increases the exposure of the hateful beings; conversely, I have been overwhelmingly compensated by the genuine good-will, good nature and hospitality of the Chinese people in general and in specific that it outweighs the balance -- more than it did on continental Europe!

Peace to all my brothers the world over! We have the same struggle!

[ Last edited by blueskies88 at 2010-9-22 08:23 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-9-22 20:21:29 |Display all floors

Reply #36 matthew5_3's post

Correct again

the scramble is not for the island rocks it is for the oil that lies at the bottom of the Chinese Continental shelf right beside those rocks!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-9-22 20:42:09 |Display all floors
Originally posted by blueskies88 at 2010-9-22 20:11
but I reckon I am better traveled than most of the folks posting on these boards and have more personal experience to draw on..

and recalling you proudly stating to sammy you were a "hillibilly" (which I still haven't looked up,
contradicting jfenix view on them.....
您买象牙 - 您杀了大象!
http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNjU1Nzg0NDky.html - “用现代文明标准比划中国人,是严重的种族歧视行为。”
„Ich ficke wo, wen, und wann ich will, hast du mich verstanden. Auch du könntest ficken, aber du kannst es ja gar nicht, deine deutsche Genauigkeit... verbietet es dir“. Jean-Claude Juncker

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-9-22 21:08:19 |Display all floors

Reply #40 LCSULLA's post

Hahahaha

you see ... folks really do know little of each other!

I am a Southerner! Whatever that means ... to me it means we are extremely courteous, humble and patiently slow, but we will knock your teeth-out without warning if you smart-ass us too much ... a lot of Scot-Irish in the culture. We are a lot slower than the fast-talking, frenzied Yankees ... it is hot down here and we innately conserve our energy and seek the shade, for instance. We generally speak a lot slower and we are in no hurry, ever! Our roots are agrarian. The fast-moving city-slickers assume that means we are stupid. We are not as well educated by and far -- a direct result of RECONSTRUCTION and ignorant prejudice by our more powerful and influential Northern brothers and sisters. We are not so stupid as not to recognize this and we do, generally bear a grudge because of it. You may never know -- your points of travel to the area are going to be Miami -- a land of world imports, relocated Yankees and glitzy party-goers or Charlotte or Atlanta, perhaps, the great hub of Southern blacks and there it is thier culture which is dominate.

I live in the Bible Belt -- there is a dang church for every 50 people and that is their gathering spot here in this part of the South! Moreover, I live in the mountains -- the oldest mountains in the world, dressed in full lush green beauty and teaming with wildlife as they are. The population is sparse, we more often will trade with each other than go find a bank to work out our needs. I live among these people, I work with them and I am their brother. I may be one of the most educated persons in our little community and I certainly have no religious affiliation, but I am still loved and respected by all of them, including the most gnarly of our brutes. Our national and state government are afraid of us because we don't like any of them, historically and in general! We generally distrust outsiders, and it takes a while for us to warm-up to any of them as we have been the subject of every kind of smart-ass scheming abuser that has ever wandered through with their 'carpet bags'! There is still an enormous amount of prejudice towards Blacks and anyone else that don't seem to look like us, but given time all of us will eventually take them into our hearts and homes -- but it don't come easy for any of them! You can be sure we all are armed and ready to fight and have done so on many occasions, as such we are the most sought after bastards by the US military in a time of war.

Pattons' Third US Army was our boys! We can pick a squirrel out of the tree at 100 meters any day of the week! Now you know.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-9-22 21:11:51 |Display all floors
Originally posted by blueskies88 at 2010-9-22 21:08
Hahahaha

you see ... folks really do know little of each other!

I am a Southerner! Whatever that means ... to me it means we are extremely courteous, humble and patiently slow, but we will kn ...
confederate.gif
Patria est ubicunque bene/Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-9-22 21:23:40 |Display all floors

reply bluesies,

I also read you were less warmly welcomed by europeans,
by the impression I have of you by the posts and pms,
be shre that if you'd ever decide to actually want to see me,
and It's possible for me somehow,
(hardly within the next years)
and wherever it'd be then.
to have the warm welcome you appreciate,
except it's just a front here and you are a prick in real life^^

regarding the pace and the heat,
I also realised that when coming to china...
even though I didn't have this problem in Italy, Spain and Portugal
as far as I can remember......
您买象牙 - 您杀了大象!
http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNjU1Nzg0NDky.html - “用现代文明标准比划中国人,是严重的种族歧视行为。”
„Ich ficke wo, wen, und wann ich will, hast du mich verstanden. Auch du könntest ficken, aber du kannst es ja gar nicht, deine deutsche Genauigkeit... verbietet es dir“. Jean-Claude Juncker

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.