Post time 2010-9-22 19:20:59 |Display all floors

They are not gonna listen to you, not speaking of Matthew

Originally posted by blueskies88 at 2010-9-22 04:35 PM
?????

lose what?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-9-22 19:22:15 |Display all floors

Reply #26 blueskies88's post

Thanks for the free education, on media wars and Murdoch.   I am glad to be informed.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-9-22 19:30:12 |Display all floors

Reply #27 Alex2010's post

da dao Riben diguozhuyi! da dao Riben guizi!

These are WWII slogans.

And many Japanese are NOT repentant at all about WWII.  And the apologies by their leaders are perceived as insincere!  

guizi applies to people who are evil.  So, nothing wrong about da dao guizi!  It is like "Down with Satan" or "Down with Japanese Satanists";

da dao Riben diguozhuyi! - what is wrong with that when Japanese are seen to be grabbing territories still?  These issues are leftovers of Japanese war past !!!  which is rightly called diguozhuyi!

Do I need to educate you more on this?

[ Last edited by matthew5_3 at 2010-9-22 07:31 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-9-22 19:32:10 |Display all floors

Reply #30 manoj10's post

Whoever they are ...

I stated this before -- nearly six years ago I encouraged China to take a pro-militia stand on the Daiyou Island group

and CD kept that thread up on top for nearly a year or more

Protesters from HK in fishing boats and trawlers went to the island group, shortly after my posting, to engage Japan and were boarded by armed Japanese 'frogmen' and their coast guard!

It looks like the Chinese navy has finally acquired enough technology and materiel as well as a new place on the world stage to take me up on my challenge

I think you underestimate the intelligence and cleverness of the Chinese poeple and I think many in the world have underestimated their courage and determination!
The Brotherhood of Knights of the Mystic Sea

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-9-22 19:32:36 |Display all floors

Reply #32 matthew5_3's post

correct!
The Brotherhood of Knights of the Mystic Sea

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-9-22 19:33:27 |Display all floors
Originally posted by matthew5_3 at 2010-9-22 19:30

These are WWII slogans.

And many Japanese are NOT repentant at all about WWII.  And the apologies by their leaders are perceived as insincere!  

guizi applies to people who are evil.  So, ...

YOU educating ME?

I know they are WW2 slogans...but they are still in use today. Many Chinese even when no crisis like there is at the moment appears call Japanese "guizi". Not very nice. And while calling what Japan during WW2 was "diguozhuyi/Imperialism" the argument about some little rocks in the sea can't be called "Imperialism".

[ Last edited by Alex2010 at 2010-9-22 07:38 PM ]
Patria est ubicunque bene/Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-9-22 20:04:24 |Display all floors

You are too simple.

the argument about some little rocks in the sea can't be called "Imperialism".

You are too simple.  It is about the entire water territory from Yellow Sea to near-Taiwan.  

And there still exists a powerful right-wing force that is militaristic, wanting to abolish the pacificist Constitution and restoring past imperial glories.

But it is not always like this.  It depends on who is in charge of Japanese Government.  And the Chinese has good sense of friendliness coming from Japan when it does come!  For example, the Hatoyama government!  when China and Japan are really rebuilding bridges !

Chinese people want to get over all these past.  But they are reminded again and again of the war past.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.