Author: Nukeman

Aircraft Carriers Are A Waste Of Time [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2010-9-22 10:21:56 |Display all floors
Originally posted by kongque at 2010-9-21 11:27 AM

The fool with no brain is the fool that throws in a couple of words in a shotgun effort to flame a thread, if you are directing your comment at a specific participant then nominate that perso ...

Blah....Blah................don't you have any other better thing to do nut

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-9-22 10:35:12 |Display all floors
Originally posted by manoj10 at 22-9-2010 12:21

Blah....Blah................don't you have any other better thing to do nut

Ha ha ha - not at the moment - just sitting back here watching my stocks hitting the roof again - how about you fruitcake?

Suggestion for you - remove your hand from your sex organs once in a while - might help you post something worth reading sometime................

Face the Future With Dignity - Man created god before god created man
Man created god before god created man and the world has been in turmoil ever since. Dots freak some people out - so they join them with lines that aren't really there.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-9-22 12:55:08 |Display all floors

Reply #20 kongque's post

maybe do some "lead radiation impregnated" float "tempered" glass would shield radiation effects?
and those LCD impregnated, shade, de shade high tech glass?

hmmmm

Green DRagon
Game Master

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-9-22 12:56:13 |Display all floors

Reply #23 kongque's post

yes, 2012 will be pretty massive......

I agree!
Unless the Obama-Osama twins goes into their games again!

ha ha ha

Green DRagon
Game Master

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-9-22 13:03:53 |Display all floors

Wanna Bet?

Originally posted by matthew5_3 at 2010-9-21 04:58
Chinese aircraft carriers conduct military drill near Washington D.C.
Year 2020.

Maybe 2020 is too hasty.

Let's have slow motion then.

2020 - Guam
2025 - Hawaii
2030 - off Los Angeles
2035 - off New York
2040 - off Washington D.C.

As all of us know, China does not want any more Great Leap.  It is better to feel the fish (or stones?) while crossing the oceans.

Who says Unmanned Air Vehicles will make aircraft carriers obsolete?

[ Last edited by matthew5_3 at 2010-9-22 01:06 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-9-23 12:06:06 |Display all floors

Reply #26 matthew5_3's post

Probably by 2050, China, Russia, France and USA is racing to develop SPACE HOTELS - THEME PARKS.....
They need resources further away, to further increase the capacity of their respective economies!

HA HA HA

Green DRagon
Game Master

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-9-25 04:03:35 |Display all floors

Reply #6 IchiNiSan's post

Rather than costly and vulnerable systems as aircraft carrier, another alternative of projecting naval air power in far flung places which allows for greater survival rate of aircraft's, at one time I thought to myself: Why don't military systems designers design the modern frigate and destroyer in such a way such that each are capable of basing a dozen or so fighters in them and a few support planes? After all, the modern day frigate definitely have the sufficient tonnages in them to support such a limited fleet of aircraft's. The launching platform could be a retractable apparatus affixed to the sides of the boats. It can be extended for launch and landing and retracted when not in use. The aircraft maintenance section can be housed inside the main hull of the boats and, if room is insufficient for a hanger, an tow barge of kind can be attached to the stern of the boats. With a fleet of between 10 to 12 such boats as a battle group, you'd have between 150 to 175 air crafts to a battle group. Frigates and destroyers, I presume, have way greater speed and versatility to that of lumbering and gruesome vessels such as air craft carriers. Now, this idea is open to both Newport News ship building and to Jiangnan shipyard, Shanghai therefore I'm not  pulling for one source and not the other so...

... no unmarked vans in my front door please  lol:)

Putin's a killer. This was the claim made by Fox News journalist; Bill O'Reilly during his recent interview with Donald Trump. Trump's reply came in the form of a simple question. What, you think our country's so innocent?

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.