Author: vivian0102

Is Chinese military paper tiger? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2010-9-15 18:44:25 |Display all floors
Originally posted by St_George at 2010-9-15 18:40
There's always the danger a nutcase dictator could get hold of nukes.  Its not safe to assume they would never use them.

China has a no strike first policy with nukes.

I'm not concerned about China using nukes....China is like the Soviets in the past. The Soviets were also clever enough not to use them.What concerns me are those religious nutters like the lunatic in Teheran. And Pakistan if there should be trouble.
Patria est ubicunque bene/Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-9-15 18:48:37 |Display all floors
We went right to the brink of war when the Soviet wanted to put nukes on Cuba back in the early 1960's.

It was a closer call than most people realise.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-9-15 18:53:34 |Display all floors
Originally posted by St_George at 2010-9-15 18:48
We went right to the brink of war when the Soviet wanted to put nukes on Cuba back in the early 1960's.

It was a closer call than most people realise.

I know....but they didn't do it. They were reasonable....despite ideological differences. But lslamic fundamentalists believe they'll get a reward in "paradise"....they don't care about life here and now.Can't reason with them.
Patria est ubicunque bene/Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-9-16 01:39:30 |Display all floors
Originally posted by Alex2010 at 15-9-2010 20:44

I'm not concerned about China using nukes....China is like the Soviets in the past. The Soviets were also clever enough not to use them.What concerns me are those religious nutters like the l ...

The biggest problem is the people who believe they are "the chosen ones"

They believe that the world will rise against them and that god will come to their assist and destroy all who are not among the chosen.

We all know god is nothing more than a myth - so what form will this "god" take when the time comes to destroy the goyim?

If we go by the biblical texts written by the chosen ones then it will be something that we know today as a nuclear fire storm.

It takes two types of religious fundamentalist to maintain conflict - so the finger of scorn should not be pointed at one side of the problem.

What a wonderful place the world would be without religion - people of all nations getting along with each other in perfect harmony.

Man created god before god created man.
Man created god before god created man and the world has been in turmoil ever since. Dots freak some people out - so they join them with lines that aren't really there.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-9-16 01:48:14 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked
"My way or Guantanamo Bay"

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-9-17 13:47:34 |Display all floors

Reply #9 St_George's post

A few nukes in the hand of a "small rogue power" can do damage to a BIG STATE but would not cripple it.

The counter strike by a BIG STATE against a "small rogue power" would be "devastating"!
I doubt states would be as desperate as that!
Unless MASSIVE PRESSURE is placed on it into "crazy frenzy"......

hmmmmm

Green DRagon
Game Master

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-9-20 01:25:35 |Display all floors
美国是纸老虎

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.