Views: 9839|Replies: 23

Are women destined to do housework? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2010-9-15 11:35:16 |Display all floors
Chinese women used to do a lot of housework after getting married. It  took up most of their time and energy. Even today when women work and earn money as much as men, they are still believed to have the responsiblity of doing housework. Why do men think that it is not their duty to do housework? Instinct or traditional thinking? Do you believe that women are destined to do housework?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-9-15 12:44:19 |Display all floors

Thats a very good question?

Originally posted by vivian0102 at 2010-9-15 11:35
Chinese women used to do a lot of housework after getting married. It  took up most of their time and energy. Even today when women work and earn money as much as men, they are still believed to ha ...

Maybe when a majority of Chinese women refrain from exchanging their love in return for a house when getting married. Ha ha...

Use magic tools Report

Gold Medal September's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2010-12-6 15:47:04 |Display all floors
I think chinese women should be content.
Chinese women dont need to change their surname as their great grandmothers and most western women have to give themselves husband's surname.
Chinese women have a better family status than their great grandmothers and women in South Korea and Japan, which shown in films and movies.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-12-7 08:07:19 |Display all floors
Women just have the natural need for structure, they take more responsibility for their environment than men. Men are often very immature and don't manage their household well, but women are great at doing this - a woman can therefore easily judge how mature her husband is according to how he treats his enviroment.

Anyway, if your husband isn't clean and you want him to do more housework, just ask him to do it together with you (and don't be frustrated if it doesn't work the first ten times you ask him - it needs years ) - the husband probably just didn't consider it to be important.

Men should learn from women how to manage - it will not only help them in daily life but also in business. I'm studying at one of the world's leading management universities and I see women use their natural instincts to take care of projects men are struggling with everyday, so I know what I'm talking about. And this instinct is also necessary in nature: in stone age, women had to take care of the family's reputation in the tribe, they had to take care of the children, had to care about the house, had to care that there's always food on the table while men just had to go to war and to hunt or do a single-sided work. So if it wasn't for women... well, this world would be a really dirty, messy and undeveloped place.

Thank you, Ladies

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-12-7 09:50:31 |Display all floors

I don't believe that women are destiney to do housework

Women have paid to much for the family and with the value they creat they don't have to sacrifice themselves to the house work.
just being tough!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-12-7 17:20:47 |Display all floors
hmm, I am male and I do all the housework at home
does that make me a wimp ?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-12-7 20:48:54 |Display all floors
I've always shared the housework with my woman (current g/f) and she's Chinese. She loves the fact that I will do all the heavy work and do it willingly.  Her mum told her she is so lucky to have a good man who helps out.
Nulli Secundus

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.