Author: expatter

Quran Burning: How The Media Embarrass Themselves [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2010-9-12 02:17:30 |Display all floors
Originally posted by expatter at 2010-9-12 02:15
  .......................................................................................................................

And how was your behaviour when you read these articles .............. ...

Did I get violent?  Have I rallied others to the streets?  No.  Nothing wrong with expressing anger or frustration.  It crosses the line when things get violent.

Use magic tools Report

Medal Medal of honor Gold Medal July's Best Writer 2012 October's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2010-9-12 02:20:07 |Display all floors
Originally posted by JFenix at 2010-9-12 02:17
Did I get violent?  Have I rallied others to the streets?  No.  Nothing wrong with expressing anger or frustration.  It crosses the line when things get violent.
.................................................................................................................

QUOTE: anger or frustration ................

Pages of it ..............

Over what ..............  ?

Dissemination of nonsense ..............................  

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-9-12 02:20:58 |Display all floors
Originally posted by expatter at 2010-9-12 02:20
  .................................................................................................................

QUOTE: anger or frustration ................

Pages of it .............. ...

You would prefer an old fashioned effigy burning instead?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-9-12 02:23:46 |Display all floors

Reply #11 JFenix's post

Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-9-12 02:26:48 |Display all floors

an excerpt from an opinion piece in washingtonpost

Obama should have condemned what Jones wanted to do, but defended unequivocally his right to do it.
In response to calls for censorship from around the world, he should have explained clearly that the U.S. president doesn't have that power -- and that he's glad he doesn't. He should have declared that America is great in part because its people are free to study the Bible or the Torah or the Koran or the Constitution -- and, yes, within very wide limits, to burn them in protest. He might have added that many Muslim-majority countries could themselves benefit from more such freedom of thought, speech and expression.

Instead, he offered the tepid affirmation, in an interview with ABC News, that "part of this country's history is people doing destructive or offensive or harmful things. And yet, we still have to make sure that we're following the laws. And that's part of what I love about this country."

Instead, the president of the United States broadcast his fear that a U.S. citizen's exercise of his liberty will provoke Muslim violence -- without even calling upon Muslims to refrain from such attacks, much less declaring that they would be completely unjustified, and correspondingly resisted.

Worst of all, Obama set a precedent for presidentially-encouraged self-censorship based on the anticipated mood swings of mobs and fanatics.

Use magic tools Report

Medal Medal of honor Gold Medal July's Best Writer 2012 October's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2010-9-12 02:26:55 |Display all floors
Originally posted by JFenix at 2010-9-12 02:20
You would prefer an old fashioned effigy burning instead?

No ........................

A look at the reality of what is making the anger ................

Would be a good start .................

And that would be in the posted articles in this thread ...........

An overblown storm in a teacup ..............

Heaven made by the media ..............

For your benefit .............  ?

Or their benefit ....................  

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-9-12 02:29:34 |Display all floors
Originally posted by Desaview2 at 2010-9-12 02:23
censor the media, censor the politicians....they have proven again and again to be not worthy of the trust placed on them.

the best part of white men land are the men in white coats. Yet, your m ...

I disagree with what is happing (another response in the filter).

Censoring and hushing up the crazy pastor kind of goes against our constitutional rights.  Not to mention this is being done because of the crybabies in the ME have to act like total girls about just the threat of a book burning.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.